Is it true... | Syracusefan.com

Is it true...

RMH44

All American
...that the morning tailgate is being held in OPA's backyard? I even heard it's catered...very nice of him. ;-)

War dam Otto!

Unfortunately the catering crew he selected is less talented and physical than the crew used by the Temple fans ... so my suspicion is you'll get pushed right out of the driveway.

Unfortunately the catering crew he selected is less talented and physical than the crew used by the Temple fans ... so my suspicion is you'll get pushed right out of the driveway.

Oh now, if you're going to try to be sarcastic at least get it right.

What you should have said was that my catering crew is less talented and physical that the crew used by the Rutgers fans.

But, I guess that wouldn't have worked since we're not playing Rutgers on Friday.

And since I never said that Temple is more talented or physical than Syracuse University, your cute little effort really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe what you could have said was something like this:

"You know the catering crew that the Temple fans use isn't as good as the one that OPA uses, but it's certainly better than that clueless poster "wfshrec" thinks it is, so you might want to try some of the stuff it will be serving on Friday morning!"

Now, isn't that better?

Oh now, if you're going to try to be sarcastic at least get it right.

What you should have said was that my catering crew is less talented and physical that the crew used by the Rutgers fans.

But, I guess that wouldn't have worked since we're not playing Rutgers on Friday.

And since I never said that Temple is more talented or physical than Syracuse University, your cute little effort really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe what you could have said was something like this:

"You know the catering crew that the Temple fans use isn't as good as the one that OPA uses, but it's certainly better than that clueless poster "wfshrec" thinks it is, so you might want to try some of the stuff it will be serving on Friday morning!"

Now, isn't that better?

Well don't know who wfshrec is ... feel sorry for the poor bastard though ... if he is clueless he must be your alias on another board then. Actually since you need a memory jog you had said on at least one occasion that we were less talented then every team on our schedule sans Stony Brook ... but don't worry I won't let facts get in the way of this argument.

Well don't know who wfshrec is ... feel sorry for the poor ******* though ... if he is clueless he must be your alias on another board then. Actually since you need a memory jog you had said on at least one occasion that we were less talented then every team on our schedule sans Stony Brook ... but don't worry I won't let facts get in the way of this argument.

Actually, no.

I didn't say that.

What I was talking about was the five game stretch last year when we lost yo USF, Cincy, Louisville, Pitt and UConn.

You should stick with comedy- it's not all that good but it is amusing in a way.

Actually, no.

I didn't say that.

What I was talking about was the five game stretch last year when we lost yo USF, Cincy, Louisville, Pitt and UConn.

You should stick with comedy- it's not all that good but it is amusing in a way.

How is this for funny?

"If you expected more than five wins you were not being realistic." OPA 10/16

"But they have a very good defense and pretty good special teams. Plus their star RB is back this week.
UConn and SU are probably evenly matched.
To suggest that this is an easy game is wrong."-OPA 10/18

"Once again a complete failure to objectively assess our talent level and those of our opponents.
Your reaction to the reality of competition with this team is what occurs when pre-season expectations are emotional and unfounded.
The fact is that both USC and Rutgers were physically superior to the Orange - their size/speed/strength was better than ours and their superiority caused the turnovers and the losses.
Your presumption that UConn is less talented than Syracuse is probably not accurate. UConn and the Orange are probably evenly matched teams. Indeed, UConn more than likely has a superior defense and superior special teams players such as Nick Williams one of the great return men in college football.
So if you feel going into this game that it should be an easy SU victory, you're mistaken and you have once again set unrealistic expectations that will cause you and others who look at things the way you do a lot of angst.
Rutgers, USC, NW, Pitt and UConn have all come from a different place than the Orange has in the last seven years. We still have a ways to go before we can expect wins in the way you now seem to expect them.
You may have had "enough waiting for next year" (where were you for the Pinstripe Bowl season?) but frankly how you feel is meaningless. What matters is where the program is from a talent standpoint. And right now it's a work in progress.
Oh and one more thing. If the Orange loses on Friday night it was nice knowing you - good riddance."

-OPA 10/18

You are just a venerable quote machine of stupidity ... its bad enough you couldn't even use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to get my screen name correct in your subtle yet idiotic jab but the crap you have been posting this season is completely off base and moronic. And yet it still doesn't sink in ... I can always go back and share with you some of your idiotic drivel but I can tell it won't sink in ... so do us all a favor and please please please don't even take up a job as a scout or coach or broadcaster and if the itch ever truly does strike you go work for Rutgers.

Oh and how did that "superior defense, running game and STs" work out for them? Saying crap like this nullifies any credibility you may have had with people who are yet savvy to your ramblings and are board newbees.

...that the morning tailgate is being held in OPA's backyard? I even heard it's catered...very nice of him. ;-)

War dam Otto!

My invite was lost in the mail. Do you get to bring a date? I won't embarrass you.

My invite was lost in the mail. Do you get to bring a date? I won't embarrass you.

You're invited to our tailgate in Lot F. Dates are invited.

You're invited to our tailgate in Lot F. Dates are invited.

I'm planning to park in F and will keep my eyes peeled for you guys. My problem is that I might be rolling up there pretty close to game time.

How is this for funny?

"If you expected more than five wins you were not being realistic." OPA 10/16

"But they have a very good defense and pretty good special teams. Plus their star RB is back this week.
UConn and SU are probably evenly matched.
To suggest that this is an easy game is wrong."-OPA 10/18

"Once again a complete failure to objectively assess our talent level and those of our opponents.
Your reaction to the reality of competition with this team is what occurs when pre-season expectations are emotional and unfounded.
The fact is that both USC and Rutgers were physically superior to the Orange - their size/speed/strength was better than ours and their superiority caused the turnovers and the losses.
Your presumption that UConn is less talented than Syracuse is probably not accurate. UConn and the Orange are probably evenly matched teams. Indeed, UConn more than likely has a superior defense and superior special teams players such as Nick Williams one of the great return men in college football.
So if you feel going into this game that it should be an easy SU victory, you're mistaken and you have once again set unrealistic expectations that will cause you and others who look at things the way you do a lot of angst.
Rutgers, USC, NW, Pitt and UConn have all come from a different place than the Orange has in the last seven years. We still have a ways to go before we can expect wins in the way you now seem to expect them.
You may have had "enough waiting for next year" (where were you for the Pinstripe Bowl season?) but frankly how you feel is meaningless. What matters is where the program is from a talent standpoint. And right now it's a work in progress.
Oh and one more thing. If the Orange loses on Friday night it was nice knowing you - good riddance."

-OPA 10/18

You are just a venerable quote machine of stupidity ... its bad enough you couldn't even use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to get my screen name correct in your subtle yet idiotic jab but the crap you have been posting this season is completely off base and moronic. And yet it still doesn't sink in ... I can always go back and share with you some of your idiotic drivel but I can tell it won't sink in ... so do us all a favor and please please please don't even take up a job as a scout or coach or broadcaster and if the itch ever truly does strike you go work for Rutgers.

Ah yes. Name calling

A few things. Rutgers and USC do have more talent than we do. That's why they beat us.

And UConn does have a better defense than we do. And Nick Williams is a better ST teams player than anybody we have. And USF and Missouri were tough games - we were one last series from losing both.

Questions for you oh bitter one.

Where is the acknowledgement that my reference to talent was re Rutgers- not Temple?

Where is the quote indicating that we have less talent than Temple?

Or that Stony Brook is the only team that has less talent than we do?

Where are the quotes of support for Marrone and Hackett while many were calling for their heads?

As I said, you ought to stick to comedy. When you're trying to be funny it's more becoming even if it's not accurate.

Attempted humor with inaccuracies beats bitter and angry with inaccuracies.

Ah yes. Name calling

A few things. Rutgers and USC do have more talent than we do. That's why they beat us.

And UConn does have a better defense than we do. And Nick Williams is a better ST teams player than anybody we have. And USF and Missouri were tough games - we were one last series from losing both.

Questions for you oh bitter one.

Where is the acknowledgement that my reference to talent was re Rutgers- not Temple?

Where is the quote indicating that we have less talent than Temple?

Or that Stony Brook is the only team that has less talent than we do?

Where are the quotes of support for Marrone and Hackett while many were calling for their heads?

As I said, you ought to stick to comedy. When you're trying to be funny it's more becoming even if it's not accurate.

Attempted humor with inaccuracies beats bitter and angry with inaccuracies.

Obviously this has gotten to you since you were up at 1:30 am responding LOL ...

As for the above you aren't worth wasting my time going back and analyzing every single piece of garbage you have posted throughout this season however I know I have seen you post things indicating our only opponent with less talent was SB ... of course you decide to tell us that 5 wins was an unrealistic expectation and low and behold we will wrap up a 7th this weekend. The fact of the matter is you have the same story week in and week out we have less talent ... we as fans have an unrealistic expectation that SU can and will win ... its old ... your lines are old your defense of the former coach P regime is old. I had no problem sleeping last night as I can see you can't say the same. And once again I don't really care whether you referenced Temple, RU, Pitt or Mizzou. The only team on our schedule more talented than SU was USC .. that was it ... and the results and box scores of the games reflect exactly what I am saying. You base who is more talented on the simple fact that RU pulled out a one score game in their own house ... so what you are saying is the better more talented team always wins right? So far we are more talented than Mizzou, Pitt, UConn, USF (and your boy BJ Daniels), Louisville and SB using your logic. If you base it on the numbers we were better at the LOS than RU ... flat out simple. JJ 2.3 ypc ... Smith 4.5 ... Nassib racks up 350+ passing yards ... Nova 150+ are you serious? SU had more TFLs but boy RU sure won that battle at the LOS.

Look I get it, you support the coaching staff through thick and thin and believe Marrone is the guy and I have never once asked for his termination or even questioned his competency as a matter of fact I have defended him more often than naught ... however the talent argument isn't even valid ... discipline sure but not talent. These things will sort themselves out in the long run but if the only way you can say that RU was more talented/physical is because you observed it ... well I just have to laugh you aren't Tom Donahoe or Bill Polian ... and it ain't even close. The numbers say otherwise and in most games we were more talented and physical and considering it was only Pugh's second game back it was a good offensive performance and the D-Line made their run game look more pathetic than usual. Put those teams on a neutral field with both at full strength and SU wins it ... period.

Obviously this has gotten to you since you were up at 1:30 am responding LOL ...

As for the above you aren't worth wasting my time going back and analyzing every single piece of garbage you have posted throughout this season however I know I have seen you post things indicating our only opponent with less talent was SB ... of course you decide to tell us that 5 wins was an unrealistic expectation and low and behold we will wrap up a 7th this weekend. The fact of the matter is you have the same story week in and week out we have less talent ... we as fans have an unrealistic expectation that SU can and will win ... its old ... your lines are old your defense of the former coach P regime is old. I had no problem sleeping last night as I can see you can't say the same. And once again I don't really care whether you referenced Temple, RU, Pitt or Mizzou. The only team on our schedule more talented than SU was USC .. that was it ... and the results and box scores of the games reflect exactly what I am saying. You base who is more talented on the simple fact that RU pulled out a one score game in their own house ... so what you are saying is the better more talented team always wins right? So far we are more talented than Mizzou, Pitt, UConn, USF (and your boy BJ Daniels), Louisville and SB using your logic. If you base it on the numbers we were better at the LOS than RU ... flat out simple. JJ 2.3 ypc ... Smith 4.5 ... Nassib racks up 350+ passing yards ... Nova 150+ are you serious? SU had more TFLs but boy RU sure won that battle at the LOS.

Look I get it, you support the coaching staff through thick and thin and believe Marrone is the guy and I have never once asked for his termination or even questioned his competency as a matter of fact I have defended him more often than naught ... however the talent argument isn't even valid ... discipline sure but not talent. These things will sort themselves out in the long run but if the only way you can say that RU was more talented/physical is because you observed it ... well I just have to laugh you aren't Tom Donahoe or Bill Polian ... and it ain't even close. The numbers say otherwise and in most games we were more talented and physical and considering it was only Pugh's second game back it was a good offensive performance and the D-Line made their run game look more pathetic than usual. Put those teams on a neutral field with both at full strength and SU wins it ... period.

Very good.

No, your post didn't keep me up.

Unfortunately one of the things that you learn as you get older is that for whatever reason you just wake up in the middle of the night - wide awake. And that's what happens to me - I wish I could sleep through the night, but I can't - too bad.

And another thing that has happened to me - and I guess to others - is that I have become addicted to my smart phone.

So, when I'm up I have to go to the phone and this site. Hopefully one of these days I can get out of the habit.

As far as your mean spirited posts are concerned, let me end this with a few thoughts.

First, I am humbled that you remember the things I post. I really have no idea who you are and cannot remember anything that you have posted before. Up until your sarcastic response to a light hearted post by a board friend of mine about meeting up in Philly, I have no memory of you. I am pleased however that you know me and read me - that's good.

Second. I can assure you that I never indicated or even suggested that Temple has more talent than we do or that Stony Brook was the only team on our schedule that has less talent than we do. If I had, I would admit It, and you would have found the quote - since it is clear that you follow me closely.

Third, the fact is that Rutger is more talented than we are. They are bigger. They are faster and they are more athletic than we are. They have out recruited us for a number of years - they have better players at this point in time. They are 9-1 this year and of course, they beat us. They forced us into two INTs, two fumbles, a blocked FG and I think three or four QB sacks. They did to us what a defense has to do - they put a great deal of pressure on Ryan and forced him to give up the ball. We, on the other hand, did not force a single TO - did not block a kick - did not get a single sack against Gary Nova. Yes, I was there - I was very close - I could see which team was more physical - and it really was not close.

The fact is that Rutgers controlled the game. We accumulated a lot yardage during what was really garbage time. The Rutgers HC played a very conservative game. He got the lead, had control and clearly decided not to take any chances. The yardage figures that we accumulated in the air really do not tell the story of the game.

I gather that you are like many on this board - you just can't look at Rutgers objectively. You feel that anybody who offers a positive view of that team must somehow be a turncoat or must not be loyal to Syracuse University. I don't unerstand that line of thinking. I have been following the Orange since 1968. Rutgers is a blip on the screen for me - I just can't generate the feelings that you and so many others on this board have for them. So, if you still feel that a 9-1 team that beat us is not as good as we are, that says a lot about your ability to evaluate football teams.

Hey, the talent level on this Orange team is obviously getting better. But we have a long way to go.

Yes, we are 6-5 right now, but the margin for error has been very fine. We could have lost at USF and Missouri very easily. We could be 4-7 had we not scored two TDs on last minute drives. We also could have lost to Pitt very easily. Heck, we could be 3-8!

We were soundly beaten by Cincy. Our defense has been pushed around by teams we defeated - USF and Missouri. We give up a lot of yardage.

So, we are not free and clear yet and as fans we cannot "expect" anything from this team.

I hope the Orange wins every week - I live and die with this team. But I can't allow myself to "expect" us to beat a USF at Tampa or a Missouri or a Louisville or even UConn.

And I think that's what you're missing. I find it counter productive when posters announce that the Orange is "expected" to win against teams that have had a lot more success than we have over the past number of years. I feel that way because when we lose - Cincy for example - the same posters who have unreasonably raised "expectations" call for Marrone to be fired or Hackett to be fired or for us to Bobby Petrino. And that gets old in my opinion.

We may destory Temple tomorrow. I hope we do. But I don't expect that. I have seen Temple play a lot. I know the team. I suspect that the Owls will give us a good game. That is what I expect.

So, whoever you are, allow me and my board friends to discuss meeting up at the game tomorrow. It's been fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom