Is Jerami Grant The Best Pro Orange? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Jerami Grant The Best Pro Orange?

I think literally all 30 teams would take Grant over Waiters and I don't think any of them would hesitate.

I was about to edit that post and put "All" in place of more but you beat me to it.

I think literally all 30 teams would take Grant over Waiters and I don't think any of them would hesitate.

Maybe in the future but definitely not true under their current contracts. A player’s worth is reflected in their earnings.

Maybe in the future but definitely not true under their current contracts. A player’s worth is reflected in their earnings.
I agree to an extent. That said, if you gave the heat an opportunity to redo Waiters contract he would easily make less than Grant now. If you gave Grant the opportunity to renegotiate I'd bet he makes more than he does now.

Even if their contracts were the same, every NBA team would prefer Grant. The fact that Waiters is grossly overpaid just tilts it even more in Grant's favor. Nobody would give Waiters the contract that Miami gave him a couple years ago; everybody would give Grant the one he's currently on and probably be happy to give him a raise.

sad to say, but
jump9.jpg

Timberwolves would take Dion over Grant. Then trade him for something worse. They're always good for that stuff.

They may be the only team in the NBA they can save the Wizards from that god-awful John Wall contract.

All the articles said his defense was outstanding...the Orange are defensive stoppers in the NBA!
I saw only his first game with Orlando, and yeah, his D was excellent, and that's what the commentators were talking about as an expectatation/reputation for him.

Oh boy is that poetic justice. See ya hate to be ya Briscoe

Another solid performance by Jerami to finish the regular season. 28 and 5 with no turnovers 11/20 and 4/8 from the field. Again took advantage of a star not playing, as Paul George sat out.

Thunder vs. Bucks - Box Score - April 10, 2019 - ESPN

Finished the regular season shooting 39.2% from 3-point range. Fewer turnovers per game than his career average despite playing almost 9 more minutes per game.

Not sure whether or not he's only destined to be a role player as he is in OKC, but either way, he's taken advantage of his opportunities and his future continues to look bright.

Wonder how 2020 will be for dion, healthy and fresh off D Wade’s farewell tour.

MCW is a perfect back up pg with the way he’s been playing. Grant is definitely outperforming his new contract already

His biggest achilles heels have always been turnovers and offensive efficiency/outside shooting. If he can keep his turnovers down and provide some scoring when the opportunity arises, he could certainly stick in the league as a backup PG, especially as a rangy defender who can also distribute on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom