Is Lyn gone for good? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Lyn gone for good?

Put the flag away it is dark outside. Sure lets not play anyone shows some emotion and gets pissed off that we are losing. Maybe Doug needs to open his mouth. During the game

Feel free to change your name to DougHater. Anytime now.

Feel free to change your name to DougHater. Anytime now.
Im not a Doug hater. Im not however blind to what is going on within the program. Doug did a horrible job this year that is not up for debate. If you choose to support failure that is your choice. I support the program more than most. I do not however turn a blind eye to what is so evident. P was a really good person whos time was up. Greg was an nice an individual that you will ever meet. Doug bleeds orange and is one of the nicest hardest working guys you will ever know. My point isnt about them as people as they are all great individuals. What im doing is looking at results and the trend of those results and i dont like what i see. It has nothing to do with Doug as a person.

these guys aren't going anywhere in my opinion. Lyn has been here two years, hes got plenty of friends and comfort at SU which will make it very hard to transfer...oh, hes also a starter. What more does he want? If he got sent home so what.
I played baseball in college (5 years professional after) and ill never forget when i was a freshman and a sophomore how my coach was all over my ass. I couldn't stomach even being around teh guy because it seemed like everything i did was wrong. Looking back on it now, im so thankful my coach was so damn hard on me. It made me the person that I am today. It taught me so many lessons, I couldn't even begin to thank him . These kids are young, playign football on national television, and far from home. Marrone is not gonna let any punk teenager (like i and so many others were) be a distraction for the team. I came into my University as one of the most highly recruited players they signed in years, and my coach beat me down and made a point to prove to me and all of my teammates that nobody was bigger than the program. I didnt realize it at the time, but the way he treated me and my ability to push through the adversity made me a better person and a better ball player.
From what i hear, these are the sort of things taht Marrone is using with his players. And ya know what, its no different than the majority of head football coaches around the country. If these kids want to leave because they cant stand the heat or the responsibility of playing for SU, than go home! Keep running, because the reality is you will never learn if ya keep running. You'll just keep looking for an easier road. Life isnt easy sometimes, and sometimes the people who you feel are hardest on you are those who want the best for you. To all of you posters who think Doug is being too hard on the kids, and too old school, I say bugger off. Marrone is looking for a certain type of character kid who can stand up to his coaching style. I don't think he cares for a second what his fanbase thinks of his coaching style, nor do I think its gonna change. I'll tell you waht, when he gets the right amount of kids who are on board and can deal with the responsibility he asks of them, we are gonna have one hell of team...disciplined and mentally tough.

these guys aren't going anywhere in my opinion. Lyn has been here two years, hes got plenty of friends and comfort at SU which will make it very hard to transfer...oh, hes also a starter. What more does he want? If he got sent home so what.
I played baseball in college (5 years professional after) and ill never forget when i was a freshman and a sophomore how my coach was all over my ass. I couldn't stomach even being around teh guy because it seemed like everything i did was wrong. Looking back on it now, im so thankful my coach was so damn hard on me. It made me the person that I am today. It taught me so many lessons, I couldn't even begin to thank him . These kids are young, playign football on national television, and far from home. Marrone is not gonna let any punk teenager (like i and so many others were) be a distraction for the team. I came into my University as one of the most highly recruited players they signed in years, and my coach beat me down and made a point to prove to me and all of my teammates that nobody was bigger than the program. I didnt realize it at the time, but the way he treated me and my ability to push through the adversity made me a better person and a better ball player.
From what i hear, these are the sort of things taht Marrone is using with his players. And ya know what, its no different than the majority of head football coaches around the country. If these kids want to leave because they cant stand the heat or the responsibility of playing for SU, than go home! Keep running, because the reality is you will never learn if ya keep running. You'll just keep looking for an easier road. Life isnt easy sometimes, and sometimes the people who you feel are hardest on you are those who want the best for you. To all of you posters who think Doug is being too hard on the kids, and too old school, I say bugger off. Marrone is looking for a certain type of character kid who can stand up to his coaching style. I don't think he cares for a second what his fanbase thinks of his coaching style, nor do I think its gonna change. I'll tell you waht, when he gets the right amount of kids who are on board and can deal with the responsibility he asks of them, we are gonna have one hell of team...disciplined and mentally tough.

I don't think Doug is nearly as strict as many seem to think as he is around here, sure he has rules but most of the stuff is common sense for most scholarship athletes. I don't think it is one of Doug's problems. I think one of his issues is how he deals with kids who don't follow his rules on occassion. P Thomas failing drug tests isn't Marrone's fault. Doug isn't an oger or Tom Coughlin by any means

I think most people here are more concerned about his approach to offense, and his lack of regard to special teams than his approach to discipline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom