Is my frustration warranted? | Syracusefan.com

Is my frustration warranted?

RoatanCuse

Starter
I guess I am envious. Am mosly listening to the Coastal Carolina v. Appalachian State game on TV and my head turned several times when the announcers said "both coaches have good offers"...and other comments like "2 of the best corners in the country", great dual-threat QB" and "NFL-qùality players". So why after 5 years aren't we hearing accolades like these? Is our excuse always going to be "injuries"? Hell, Saturdays are gonna be devoted to riding my motorcycle instead of watching our dismal ups and downs. Too frustrating for me. Somebody give me a shout whenever SU gets serious again. Been watching since 1960. Loyal fan. Thanks.

We have/had 3 defensive backs who could/should play on Sundays this year.

If we had any luck with WR recruits its not this ugly. Even last year the guys returning from the 10 win team were atrocious everyone but Trish refused to make plays and this year it got worse.

I'd say some if it is warranted. It is definitely frustrating to be this bad in Year 5 and you're right, fans use the injury excuse too much like last year. But I think it's warranted this year, we barely have enough players to practice and play with, and apparently even a few guys playing aren't at 100% but have to play because no one else is available. I don't remember a year like this where SU or the Bills were this banged up, maybe Marrone's third season in 2011.

If Dino can't get it done here then I'm sure a bunch of fans will have had enough, and I can't blame them. But I'll still be interested, since I love this school/football and barely have a life :)

The irony is we had/have multiple NFL players on defense and this year didn’t/doesn’t matter (and two opted out).

We have/had 3 defensive backs who could/should play on Sundays this year.

If we had any luck with WR recruits its not this ugly. Even last year the guys returning from the 10 win team were atrocious everyone but Trish refused to make plays and this year it got worse.
I say 4. Cisco, Williams, Mew, and Garrett is a stud dude. He will play on sundays no doubt.

That we are one of the worst offenses in BCS football and are averaging 15 ppg and 250 ypg has been shocking to me this season no matter the obstacles.

That we simply can't move the ball on offense has been the most frustrating aspect. It has made the games pretty unwatchable which is disappointing as I usually work my weekend around game watching.

God willing I'll be back in the Dome next year because its what i do as a fan. Sincerely hopeful things turnaround so at least its entertaining again.

I guess I am envious. Am mosly listening to the Coastal Carolina v. Appalachian State game on TV and my head turned several times when the announcers said "both coaches have good offers"...and other comments like "2 of the best corners in the country", great dual-threat QB" and "NFL-qùality players". So why after 5 years aren't we hearing accolades like these? Is our excuse always going to be "injuries"? Hell, Saturdays are gonna be devoted to riding my motorcycle instead of watching our dismal ups and downs. Too frustrating for me. Somebody give me a shout whenever SU gets serious again. Been watching since 1960. Loyal fan. Thanks.
Not surprised at all. The Butt Kickin Chickens have a College World Series Championship and are strong every year. Their baseball stadium is better than most MiLB teams. Master Champ is a graduate.

The campass is beautiful and the school is a comer. The football stadium is OK but great free parking with plenty of shuttles.

About 30 minutes from the beach. They will kill it recruiting.