Is Pitt really 19 points better than Syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

Is Pitt really 19 points better than Syracuse?

CNY in Miami

Walk On
last week I made a similar statement about the nc game, and looked pretty smart for 3 quarters. If I had known that the receivers couldn’t catch the ball, our qb would consistently miss a open man, the offensive line could not open holes or block, and our running backs exhibited very little in the way of power my statement would have been a little different.
This week, is our offense really that bad? If it is this could be an extremely long season.
The defense was more than the equivalent of NC, they just couldn’t get a rest. Would love to see Cuse with an option QB a big fast running back, who was the last great SU running back?

Not a lot of time between games to make corrections. That we live in a world in which this spread is realistic, against Pitt, is too much to process. Will consume beer and try not to focus too hard on the game Saturday.

Well actually if you look at the top ten rushers in school history , three of the top ten have played most of their careers in this century ,

Number 2 all time is Walter Reyes ,
Number 3 is Celine Carter who played up to 2010
And probably a big surprise to many is number 9 all time who graduated last year Moe Neal

Reyes and Carter much like Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game a few times, and Reyes scored 5 touchdowns in a game as well. We have had some decent backs in the last twenty years I would say Reyes was pretty awesome and Carter would have had much better stats with better teams .

As for this game against Pitt if I had money to get and my life depended on it , I put put my money on Pitt. However the game is played on the field and sometimes strange things happen

Tommy is the obvious key. If the light turns on for him we can win.

There is always a chance but the offense is flat out bad.

I don’t believe the spread here, do still believe we’re a dog though... I think we gain a little bit by playing a tougher week 1 opponent.

We have to be able to stop the ground game and we have to be able to move the ball. If we can only do 1 or neither Of those, we’re in trouble.

I don’t believe the spread here, do still believe we’re a dog though... I think we gain a little bit by playing a tougher week 1 opponent.

We have to be able to stop the ground game and we have to be able to move the ball. If we can only do 1 or neither Of those, we’re in trouble.
Hate to say it but is it really that hard to comprehend? O/U around 51/52 last I checked with Pitt by almost 3 TDs. That's a 35-14 game. Not that hard to picture given the lack of offense and Pitt's ability to run it down our throat until we cave in the 2nd half.

Pitt will pull away in the end, much like UNC. The score will show they won handily, although we can say we played 'em tough for awhile to make us feel better.

Or we win.

But probably my first thought.

Unless I'm wrong.

But i'm thinking it's my first thought.

Unless...

Forget it...

Last edited:
Hate to say it but is it really that hard to comprehend? O/U around 51/52 last I checked with Pitt by almost 3 TDs. That's a 35-14 game. Not that hard to picture given the lack of offense and Pitt's ability to run it down our throat until we cave in the 2nd half.
Is the question can I comprehend losing by 21? Because that’s pretty easy to answer, ofcourse I can, we lost by 24 last week.

i’m just not willing to resign myself to the potential fact that we are that bad yet.

guess we’ll find out, certainly hoping for the best.

The most important thing this week for the O is to teach the WRs to sell the PI. UNC got away with quite a few. Pitt is notorious for teaching their DBs to “cheat” and get away with it. We can literally just throw it deep every play and score 40 points between completions and PIs. If we let their DBs man handle our WRs, we won’t put up more than two scores max.

Pitt D>UNC, UNC O> Pitt - factor in us improving.... we cover with a late score and lose by 17.

last week I made a similar statement about the nc game, and looked pretty smart for 3 quarters. If I had known that the receivers couldn’t catch the ball, our qb would consistently miss a open man, the offensive line could not open holes or block, and our running backs exhibited very little in the way of power my statement would have been a little different.
This week, is our offense really that bad? If it is this could be an extremely long season.
The defense was more than the equivalent of NC, they just couldn’t get a rest. Would love to see Cuse with an option QB a big fast running back, who was the last great SU running back?
No, they are probably 25 points better. From what I saw last week, North Carolina knew how to scheme their defense against us. Pitt will do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom