Is Puff Daddy's Son On Our Recruiting Radar? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Puff Daddy's Son On Our Recruiting Radar?

Do we know if Marrone would be willing to offer a scholie on a kid he knows won't see the field? I think Marrone has more class than that, but may be his business sense might decide otherwise?
[ business sense might decide otherwise?[/quote]

I know a certain CBA commit that can attest to Dougy's business sense...

Why would a recruiting violation be easier here ... than it would be with some low-income kid who has a posse with their palms outstretched? I don't think you get many recruiting violations with rich kids because recruiting violations generally involve either money or other "gifts."
I think the point was that P Diddy would be violating the recruiting rules as he's a very outspoken and visible entertainer.

Why would a recruiting violation be easier here ... than it would be with some low-income kid who has a posse with their palms outstretched? I don't think you get many recruiting violations with rich kids because recruiting violations generally involve either money or other "gifts."

Because I am not talking about a recruiting violation to get Puffy... I'm talking about the recruiting violations that could happen BECAUSE we got Puffy. We are the type of school that the NCAA would love to see F-up because we are big enough for them to flex their muscle and reestablish their control, but not big enough to lose dollars doing so. You have much more knowledge about the inner workings than I do, but what happens the first time younger Puffy treats the next Ishaq to pops' humble abode in the NYC for a weekend?

Because I am not talking about a recruiting violation to get Puffy... I'm talking about the recruiting violations that could happen BECAUSE we got Puffy. We are the type of school that the NCAA would love to see F-up because we are big enough for them to flex their muscle and reestablish their control, but not big enough to lose dollars doing so. You have much more knowledge about the inner workings than I do, but what happens the first time younger Puffy treats the next Ishaq to pops' humble abode in the NYC for a weekend?

Disclaimer: I have zero inside knowledge here (people sometime assume I do when I don't; therefore the disclaimer).

That said: Puff Daddy is a very smart businessman. If he were told the rules, I suspect he would not violate them because he would not want to embarrass his son. Just one girl's opinion.

I would think if he was "treating the kid to pops humble abode" they would have a personal relationship. Its not like they would be sending buses of recruits to "Puffy's House of Ill Repute" just because his kid was on the team. You have to go to Miami for that. ;)

How much do stars cost? You'd think pops could have afforded five of them.

Disclaimer: I have zero inside knowledge here (people sometime assume I do when I don't; therefore the disclaimer).

That said: Puff Daddy is a very smart businessman. If he were told the rules, I suspect he would not violate them because he would not want to embarrass his son. Just one girl's opinion.
So, you're saying you have inside information. ;);) :p

I agree with you, and I think there wouldn't be a problem with Puff directly. However, as they say "Mo Money, Mo problems".

If the kid can play go get him. I wouldn't expect Marrone to be interested as lately we've seen and heard him say they want to increase their players' range by getting taller/longer/bigger players. Combs wouldn't seem to be a fit.

It's ok I am not hear to prove or convince anything to anyone. My judge of talent is just as good or bad as the next person here.

thats not saying much lol

Apologies for the assumption, still though, let's not act like every smart business man got his billions by thinking about others first.

I would think if he was "treating the kid to pops humble abode" they would have a personal relationship. Its not like they would be sending buses of recruits to "Puffy's House of Ill Repute" just because his kid was on the team. You have to go to Miami for that. ;)

Nah ... if you went to Miami they would just load the house up with hookers ... thats how they roll ...

if the kid is good enough to help us win,then he is good enough for me

what his father does with his money is his business.not mine,yours,or the university

Haha, yeah... I'm sure that's exactly what every Cane fan has been saying before, during, and after the newest example of Miami just being the same old U.

Our school has been punked by the NCAA before, but everyone seems to think that the dark side to having Lil Diddy on the team would be nothing but rainbows and unicorns. I'm not even saying don't go after the kid. I'm just saying you have to use your head and look at all the angles.

not convinced you saw film and that you know how to judge talent :cool:

This wasn't directed at me, but there's actually a ton of video out there on him. If you live in the tri-state area, chances are this popped up on the front page of your Yahoo! a couple months back (bonus! Victory track is playing in the background):

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/...n-7-gets-serious-colleg?urn=highschool-wp4132

I'm not gonna pretend like I know how to judge talent on a high school/7-on-7 highlight reel though...

Enormously effective counter to a ridiculous argument. Usually we worry about kids with a dollar in their pocket getting several thousand dollars to commit. Not billion dollar kids giving millions to commit. You and I and everybody get to spend half a million to attend SU. Might as well have Puffy pay 10 times that to get his kid a scholorship. If Puffy JR sucks, well so does Puffy's clothing line... Does that mean it wont make money?

Enormously effective counter to a ridiculous argument. Usually we worry about kids with a dollar in their pocket getting several thousand dollars to commit. Not billion dollar kids giving millions to commit. You and I and everybody get to spend half a million to attend SU. Might as well have Puffy pay 10 times that to get his kid a scholorship. If Puffy JR sucks, well so does Puffy's clothing line... Does that mean it wont make money?

Ummm, I have to go shopping.

Haven't a bunch of people been complaining that we don't have any rich donors...so they want to shy away from this kid because his daddy is rich...sometimes this board amazes me :crazy:

Haven't a bunch of people been complaining that we don't have any rich donors...so they want to shy away from this kid because his daddy is rich...sometimes this board amazes me :crazy:

Nothing amazes me around here anymore, especially when people use :crazy: in lieu of actual points.