Is Saturday a "must win"? | Syracusefan.com

Is Saturday a "must win"?

heresjohnny88

2nd String
I've heard various opinions on this. I say it's a "must-win" if we want a top 3 seed. But otherwise, I think the phrase is a cliche. Louisville has been playing very well. This is going to be an incredibly tough game.

for a 3 seed yes, otherwise no. i think we play a great game and get the W

For my Pysche e ery game is a must win. Feels like someone kicked my dog everytime we lose.

Only a must win if you want to avoid another board meltdown.

Who could ever kick the cute little Boston?
Metaphorically??... Jim boeheim and your syracuse orange. Realistically??.. Anyone who wants ro die by my hands.

I've heard various opinions on this. I say it's a "must-win" if we want a top 3 seed. But otherwise, I think the phrase is a cliche. Louisville has been playing very well. This is going to be an incredibly tough game.

I think we play well and lose to a very good (top 3) team. I don't understand the term "must win" in college basketball. A high seed is great, but once you're in the tourney, an average season can turn into a great one.

The only "must-wins" are at the mid/end March and April.

Only a must win in regards to trying to lock up a local pod/top 3 seed and a possible double bye in the BET. Would also be nice to stop this losing streak.

For my Pysche e ery game is a must win. Feels like someone kicked my dog everytime we lose.

I don't know about anybody else, but when we lose two in a row, I feel like we're never going to get a win again. Sucks--hope we stop the bleeding this Saturday.

I would say it's a "must play better." It's a "don't just jack 3's when CJ is shooting 60%." It's a "stay in front of your man, so guys don't have to help, get everyone out of position, and give up offensive rebounds." I don't want to lose, but if the team looks better and we lose, it'll make me feel better about the tourney than if we look like crap and somehow get a win.

I would say it's a "must play better." It's a "don't just jack 3's when CJ is shooting 60%." It's a "stay in front of your man, so guys don't have to help, get everyone out of position, and give up offensive rebounds." I don't want to lose, but if the team looks better and we lose, it'll make me feel better about the tourney than if we look like crap and somehow get a win.

no way, we're in a slump right now, need a win any way we can get it.

no way, we're in a slump right now, need a win any way we can get it.
I rarely believe the "get a win anyway we can get it" philosophy is a good one, outside of an elimination game. We're in the tournament, so I'd rather see the team execute better. If we do that, we should get a win unless Louisville just goes off from 3, and if they do that, so be it.

whole bunch of loser talk up in here...this is exactly the definition of a must win game, we can't lose 3 in a row (2 in a row at home after posting 38 straight in the dome)...even if we play "better" a loss would be an even bigger blow to a rattled psyche....it looks like these guys, at times, are believeing they aren't as good as they thought they were...another loss at home would only magnify those thoughts

The only must win is the 1st round of the NCAA. Nobody remembers anything else until the second round of the NCAA and so on. This game means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I think it's a "must win" for the mental health of our fanbase.

If they play like they did @Louisville but can't pull out the W I won't be too disappointed. If they play like they have been then the world is over and mankind is doomed.

I almost think it is and you're right it will be tough. Behanan and Dieng on the boards really worry me obviously. Our bigs BETTER man up. I just want to avoid slipping into a 5 seed at all costs.

i just don't want to see double-digits in the loss column at the end of the season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom