Is Taj worth it? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Taj worth it?

I don't like the antics one bit, but have said before I get why the kid is frustrated. He's not being thrown the ball in obvious situations where he is the tagged receiver or has a favorable matchup. If I can see that, he's (and other players) gotta be furious. What is the bigger problem from a coaching perspective, a player unable to contain some emotion or a player not executing to exploit an obvious tactical advantage?
I agree the biggest difference he can make will be by clamping down on the outbursts, dealing with the inexplicable decisions of his quarterback behind closed doors, and hammering in the weight room. He is very very talented and he knows it. Unfortunately, unless he can be convinced that the nonsense will change, I think he is a likely transfer candidate and I honestly think that is rightfully so.

Unfortunately, unless he can be convinced that the nonsense will change, I think he is a likely transfer candidate and I honestly think that is rightfully so.
is there a dislike option?

So did he really step out of bounds? At the game, we couldn't figure out what on earth they were reviewing (for what seemed like TWENTY MINUTES). On this angle, it just doesn't look like it, but I assume the broadcast had a frozen view of it.

So did he really step out of bounds? At the game, we couldn't figure out what on earth they were reviewing (for what seemed like TWENTY MINUTES). On this angle, it just doesn't look like it, but I assume the broadcast had a frozen view of it.

It did not seem conclusive enough on the broadcast to overturn the call, but they did...

I'm half surprised that Trill didn't get flagged for unnecessary roughness for stripping the ball.
Or a reversal by the keen-eyed folks down in Greesnborough:

1575559180654.png

It's pretty simple for me, if I'm Dino, I sit Taj down right now (no sense in waiting):

"Taj, you're a heckuva ball player. However, you're either one of the family or you're not, you decide. Openly calling out your teammates during games will simply not be accepted moving forward and you will be kicked out of the program if it happens again. Consider this your warning. Put in the extra work over the winter/spring/summer like TJ and others do with Tommy and the other QBs. Go the extra mile. No one owes you anything. You need to redirect your frustrations into being a leader in the WR room, not a detractor. We are only as good as our weakest link, both on and off the field. I love having you around, but things need to change."

Really, now he is in TOs category,
Give me a break.
I’m not really saying that. I haven’t seen the guy act up or any of this stuff but I keep hearing about he’s doing this he’s doing that so that’s why I said that

Last edited:
I’ve reread all the posts and every issue seems to be a coaching staff issue not a player issue. Redirect your anger to the people in position to correct a behavior you don’t like seeing on your TV sets. There’s only two possible answers and both of them involve the coaches making a decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom