Is the 3:30 game a BE or ESPN screw job? | Syracusefan.com

Is the 3:30 game a BE or ESPN screw job?

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
I don't get why the SU-Cincy game is chosen for the crappy 3:30 time slot while the GTown-ND game gets the primetime 7:30 spot. Seems like either ESPN blew it or is it decided by the Big East office? Either way it sucks.

I don't get why the SU-Cincy game is chosen for the crappy 3:30 time slot while the GTown-ND game gets the primetime 7:30 spot. Seems like either ESPN blew it or is it decided by the Big East office? Either way it sucks.

Notre Dame called ESPN and said "Switch the time of the SU-UC and ND-GT games or there will be 4 people at the game in South Bend. 5 if you bring a 3 person crew".

ESPN caved.

What kind of crowd should we expect at the dome today? I assume it could be one of the smallest BE crowds ever at the dome. Or maybe people will be intrigued by the "business-man's special."

Big east is losing ND and GT, too, remember.

What kind of crowd should we expect at the dome today? I assume it could be one of the smallest BE crowds ever at the dome. Or maybe people will be intrigued by the "business-man's special."

Worse than it would be if it were a 7:00 p.m. tip, but no worse than 23,000 if there's a decent student turnout (this is the first home game with students).

Not a lot of Ticketmaster movement since the Louisville game, which is mildly surprising, but there'll be some people there. Far from an historically small crowd (as we saw for the Big East opener against Rutgers, which was the fourth-smallest crowd in a decade and put the last nail into the coffin for our hopes for the national attendance crown this season).

Not sure it will be all that low. Many have the day off for MLK day and with kids not in school might be a good opportunity to take them to a weekday game that won't have them up late on a normal school night.

Reactions: cto
Good points all. Crowd sounded great on teevee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom