Is the 7’2” Experiment Done? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is the 7’2” Experiment Done?

I thought Sidibe was fantastic! Defended the rim very well. Was more aggressive with the ball. I was very happy for him. And we NEED him, so there’s that.

I don’t want to see Marek, Chukwu or Sid get steamrolled by Zion, but it seems that will be their fate. :(
If the refs dare call a blocking foul on Marek or Sid during the Duke game, there should be an investigation. Same goes double if those 2 get called for a charge on Zion.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but after watching the end of that game, I love Paschal Chukwu.

Well, for the moment anyway. I am standing in the hotel lobby after finishing dinner elsewhere and hustling my coworkers back. Frank threw the alley oop that PC finished and I screamed out "you did it big man!!"

The staff thought it was hysterical. My boss thinks I'm nuts. That's okay.

EDIT - i was so excited to post this, I used the wrong 'through'.

Last edited:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but after watching the end of that game, I love Paschal Chukwu.

Well, for the moment anyway. I am standing in the hotel lobby after finishing dinner elsewhere and hustling my coworkers back. Frank through the alley oop that PC finished and I screamed out "you did it big man!!"

He got robbed on that offensive goaltend call. The ball was not in the cylinder.

Well, for the moment anyway. I am standing in the hotel lobby after finishing dinner elsewhere and hustling my coworkers back. Frank through the alley oop that PC finished and I screamed out "you did it big man!!"

hell-has-frozen-over.jpg

He got robbed on that offensive goaltend call. The ball was not in the cylinder.

Why did they give him two shots? Is it still in the act of shooting if it’s an “illegal” shot?

Why did they give him two shots? Is it still in the act of shooting if it’s an “illegal” shot?

Good question. Sometimes you have to come up with a call that pleases both coaches, and bang-bang plays can give you that. In the referee's vernacular it's known as "reffing the game, not just the call." At least Jimmy kept his jacket on for that one. :)

Last edited:

Hard for me to follow everything. I was in the restaurant and then the lobby with no sound. If it was the one alley oop from Frank earlier, I thought it was goaltending. Thought it looked in the cylinder to me.

Not only is the experiment back, somebody will be comparing him to Rudy Gobert once again!

Not only is the experiment back, somebody will be comparing him to Rudy Gobert once again!

This is where everyone goes crazy...

Good question. Sometimes you have to come up with a call that pleases both coaches, and bang-bang plays can give you that. In the referee's vernacular it's know as "reffing the game, not just the call." At least Jimmy kept his jacket on for that one. :)

It wasn't a judgment call.

Sidibe has gotten better (honestly he couldn't get worse) and PC had the best game in his career......it won't happen every night but the "Bigs" played well...side not hope MD is ok....

Hard for me to follow everything. I was in the restaurant and then the lobby with no sound. If it was the one alley oop from Frank earlier, I thought it was goaltending. Thought it looked in the cylinder to me.

Well, it was tough to get a definitive look.

Sidibe has gotten better (honestly he couldn't get worse) and PC had the best game in his career...it won't happen every night but the "Bigs" played well...side not hope MD is ok...

Interesting, I forgot he got banged up. I was thinking he didn’t play because PC was playing so well.

Sidibe has gotten better (honestly he couldn't get worse) and PC had the best game in his career...it won't happen every night but the "Bigs" played well...side not hope MD is ok...
Sidibe played 3 minutes against Georgia Tech and 3 minutes tonight after looking great against Clemson. He is likely not healthy at this point. Chukwu is the best pure center on this team, and performed like he did tonight quite a few times down the stretch last season.

Sidibe played 3 minutes against Georgia Tech and 3 minutes tonight after looking great against Clemson. He is likely not healthy at this point. Chukwu is the best defensive center on this team, and performed like he did tonight quote a few times down the stretch last season.

Fixed it for ya'.

Actually it was 1+1 for being fouled, under cut, not in the act of shooting

Actually it was 1+1 for being fouled, under cut, not in the act of shooting

Different play.

Sidibe could NEVER do what Chukwu did tonight. WHY,WHY,WHY can’t we get this consistently??

They're all in a three way tie for last as offensive centers.

Not with the way Marek passes and shoots. But you did have me laugh out loud in my hotel room. I'm sure my neighbors are wondering what the heck is wrong with me. But that list is long...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom