Is the Janilus vs Iona shot online anywhere? | Syracusefan.com

Is the Janilus vs Iona shot online anywhere?

If i remember correctly Burgan had an awkward drive right before it was kicked out the Marius. Would love to see that shot again. I remember the horror realizing we were going to lose to Iona and the relief when he hit that shot. Jumped up out of my chair yelling Janilus over and over. Clutch make to say the least. I think there was just over a second left when he hit it but it essentially was a buzzer beater.

One game I've spent years looking for is the 96 West Regional final Syracuse vs. Kansas.

I've searched for that shot a few times, with no luck unfortunately. I didn't get to see it live earlier, because I was in high school. Heard the class next door erupt when he hit the shot though, because their teacher was cool and let them watch.

I've searched for that shot a few times, with no luck unfortunately. I didn't get to see it live earlier, because I was in high school. Heard the class next door erupt when he hit the shot though, because their teacher was cool and let them watch.

I had the stomach bug that day;). I tend to get a lot of those come March.

I was traveling that day, and my father and I missed the majority of the game. We caught an NCAA telecast in an airport sports bar in Chicago--but of course, the game coverage back then was regional, and SU wasn't on. So we were glued to the TV, waiting for infrequent scoring updates to scroll at the bottom of the screen. Game was too close for comfort.

I don't remember if this happened before Janulis, but that was the same day that Drew from Valpo hit that incredible shot off of the trick inbounds play that is one of the all time great game ending NCAA tournament shots.

Then they finally cut to our game with under a minute to play. Score knotted up. Kick out to Janulis.

Bang.

Memorable day / outcome, even though I didn't get to see the game live. My recollection is that those two game winners happened within a few minutes or so of each other.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom