Is the meltdown over? | Syracusefan.com

Is the meltdown over?

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
I opened my doomsday envelope of happy poems, children's stories, and pictures of JLH and went into a self imposed board ban for 36 hours, out of fear of what I might post. It's a good thing I have this contingency or I might have been banned. I vented off line and feel better now. Not great, mind you, but I've come to terms with the fact I bought a ticket just to watch another player get a career high against us and see our season become that much tougher. It's an uphill climb from here.

CuseTroop, you better clear out a bunk because if tonight goes bad, doomsday scenario two has me relocating to the frozen tundra. ;)

I bought a ticket just to watch another player get a career high against us

Off the top of my head, in our losses to date, at least 4 players - Wyatt, Lee (lol), Hilliard and Porter have gone off for their career highs against us.

I dont think it was that bad (although I stayed away for the most part Saturday).

Got an idea...Can we have a note after each Board Title something that says MELTCON and then a number 1-5...1 being the worst and 5 being the best?

Example: Syracuse Basketball Board (MELTCON 2)

Then those people who would want to stay away would know before entering?

meltdown might be over, but the hangover is still present.

PeteCalvin- Doomsday bunk is good to go

It's the same story after every loss, so there's not much to gripe about. Everyone knows this team's weaknesses.

Ha. True yet we vent and vent on here. This team is just really hard to watch. Offensively, I haven't seen anything like the struggles this team has. Yes, college ball offensive numbers down but we are playing like it's exhibition season out there vs zones especially and we've seen more zone this year than ever before. It's just disappointing more than anything. We had high hopes and optimism of Coleman/Rak being beasts down low and Cooney being a sniper off the bench. Triche is what he is. I wasn't one of those automatic pre-season MCW All-American annointers as many others were. CJ has exceeded my expectations and good thing we have him playing well. It would be a major accomplishment if this team gets to the Sweet 16 or beyond yet totally possible with the inconsistency in college hoops today. We need to end the season strong however to even begin to entertain that idea and that starts today.

Seems like it's over, but if we loose tonight, it'll be a nightmare on this board.
I take the losses very, very hard and try never to post after a loss because I go to a state of morning.
I know it's just a game, but still ...

Seems like it's over, but if we loose tonight, it'll be a nightmare on this board.
I take the losses very, very hard and try never to post after a loss because I go to a state of morning.

I don't get why the board would be a "nightmare" if we lose tonight. This isn't like we're playing Depaul.

I've had a great time discussing basketball. To me, losses allow for much more actual discussion. And yes, I kept my cool.

I've had a great time discussing basketball. To me, losses allow for much more actual discussion. And yes, I kept my cool.

I think I kept my cool as well. Got a little grumpy at the bar, but someone bought me a shot, and I cheered right up. I think it helps knowing we get another shot at them. The liter of Jack helped also

I think I kept my cool as well. Got a little grumpy at the bar, but someone bought me a shot, and I cheered right up. I think it helps knowing we get another shot at them. The liter of Jack helped also

I havent had a beer in 5 days. Trying to shake this flu. I'm jealous.

I havent had a beer in 5 days. Trying to shake this flu. I'm jealous.

Marsh... I thought you were better then this. Get about 6 Jack in cokes in you, flu will go away. Proven fact.

I think this is a major reason we lost

Absolutely. I tried to drink one at the Dome Sat and it wasnt pretty. I also couldnt give it to my son so I ended up tossing it 3/4 full. I almost cried.

Absolutely. I tried to drink one at the Dome Sat and it wasnt pretty. I also couldnt give it to my son so I ended up tossing it 3/4 full. I almost cried.

You have until 6:55 to have a BAC over .09 or I propose a 2 week ban

You have until 6:55 to have a BAC over .09 or I propose a 2 week ban

I almost banned myself after Saturday. I couldnt even drown my sorrows in the sweet nectar of the gods that PBR is.

At least you tried. Though, with the flu they say to drink plenty of fluids - so you probably didn't help yourself either.

Marsh... I thought you were better then this. Get about 6 Jack in cokes in you, flu will go away. Proven fact.

No Jack in the house or I would have tried it.

Normally I power through these but man this one threw me for a loop. Better now than next weekend when I am in DC for the Gtown game.

I feel your pain. With everything that was riding on that game, there is no *#%+¥> excuse for the stinker we mailed in. None. The most frustrating Syracuse game I have seen in-person in over a decade. We were not ready to play, mentally or physically. We got punked. We better get our together for tonight.

No Jack in the house or I would have tried it.

Normally I power through these but man this one threw me for a loop. Better now than next weekend when I am in DC for the Gtown game.

Couple things I try to always make sure I have in the house at all times... Jack, dog food, TP, sausage, deck of cards, and kraft mac and cheese

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom