Is the press really this shortsighted and stupid? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is the press really this shortsighted and stupid?

One thing that has occurred to me is that maybe these two guys were molested as kids by someone else, maybe a step-father or boyfriend of Mom, etc and they are just calling on the memories of those molestations and substituting Bernie into the story? That would explain the "real emotion" shown by these two that many are using as proof of Bernie's guilt.

One thing that has occurred to me is that maybe these two guys were molested as kids by someone else, maybe a step-father or boyfriend of Mom, etc and they are just calling on the memories of those molestations and substituting Bernie into the story? That would explain the "real emotion" shown by these two that many are using as proof of Bernie's guilt.

Maybe...or the anti-depressants they're taking aren't having the desired effect... :noidea:

If Davis went to the police and they said there was no case, could he still be eligible to sue or go after Fine because of negligence (if the SPD was found to have done so)?

I don't know what happened but this site does show that if an abused/rapped person comes out against a school or any thing similar, they get their whole life spilled out for all to see. I'm not saying Davis is guilty or innocent in this but if he is innocent he seems like he could be a victim a second time because of what is being wrote or said about him. I could see why a lot of people don't come forward.

Considering there are rumors that ESPN contacted Davis first, that would be interesting to find out.

I have been curious about that from the beginning of this. Who actually contacted who?

Also, if these are lies, which I think yes, money may not be the motive at all. To me, I see revenge as a more likely posibility. Remember, Bernie was the world to this guy. Then Bernie cuts him off when Davies stiffs Bernie for 5000 and who knows whatever bizzare behaviour. Sounds like more of lover's revenge syndrome. Trying to punish Bernie for not being the father figure anymore.

I am trying to be open minded about the this, but there are just certain things on accusers side that don't make any sense.
It is hard to put yourself in the mindset of an abused person but I cant imagine being an adult, 27 years old, and still tolerating this. It is not like he was locked up in a basement for all these years. He went to college, several, went overseas, played on numerous teams, then he comes back for more abuse. Makes no sense.

I keep hearing that the only people who probably know the real truth are Bernie, Davies, and Lang. I don't buy that either. I think Bernie's wife knows exactly what is/was going on. Your husband is in the basement molesting a child 100s of times and you don't know it. Right! When I am downstairs, my wife knows everytime i changed the station, what I watched, and when I dozed off. Wives know everything.

I hope this comes to a close soon for the sake of the innocent who I think is Bernie.

If Davis went to the police and they said there was no case, could he still be eligible to sue or go after Fine because of negligence (if the SPD was found to have done so)?

I don't know what happened but this site does show that if an abused/rapped person comes out against a school or any thing similar, they get their whole life spilled out for all to see. I'm not saying Davis is guilty or innocent in this but if he is innocent he seems like he could be a victim a second time because of what is being wrote or said about him. I could see why a lot of people don't come forward.

This is not your typical way of coming forward. I think when you come forward the way that he has (through the media) and with a number of incongruities, you open yourself up to this kind of scrutiny.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I thought Bernie's wife died a few years back.

i dont get it. you guys are trying to assign rational motivations to a drunk and a guy on speed. Heck, davis is so messed up that he might even truly believe that fine molested him.

This is not your typical way of coming forward. I think when you come forward the way that he has (through the media) and with a number of incongruities, you open yourself up to this kind of scrutiny.

Didn't he already go the police route and ESPN before? What if he thinks since the psu thing happened people would believe him now?

So people with a checkered past can be violated by others after they have been abused/rapped? I'm not just talking about the facts of his life but the assumptions, innuendos, and mind reading it just seems that people are doing exactly what his ex girlfriend did. I hope that these were made up lies because that would be the best case scenario out out a possible horrific one if this ever did go farther than we know regarding other ball boys.

Now, years later, wants to sue for the psychological damages it has caused him because he can't effectively spank his monkey...

He might have a case here afterall - just imagine if you mentally pictured Bernie every time you did The Deed.:eek:

And with that thought implanted, I bet some of you will the next time around.

Unfortunately, yes—the trunk monkey may produce a couple of initial turnovers but will ultimately concede uncontested layups at the other end.
:p

Didn't he already go the police route and ESPN before? What if he thinks since the psu thing happened people would believe him now?

So people with a checkered past can be violated by others after they have been abused/rapped? I'm not just talking about the facts of his life but the assumptions, innuendos, and mind reading it just seems that people are doing exactly what his ex girlfriend did. I hope that these were made up lies because that would be the best case scenario out out a possible horrific one if this ever did go farther than we know regarding other ball boys.

I agree that the rumors that are flying around are just as speculative and I haven't participated in that, just as I haven't bought into the "damning tape" rumor. That wasn't the purpose of my post. I was referring to the facts that have come out that people are examining.

But, you have to consider the source of allegations, do you not? Right or wrong, someone with a history of erratic behavior draws more scrutiny of their claims, a la "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

I agree that the rumors that are flying around are just as speculative and I haven't participated in that, just as I haven't bought into the "damning tape" rumor. That wasn't the purpose of my post. I was referring to the facts that have come out that people are examining.

But, you have to consider the source of allegations, do you not? Right or wrong, someone with a history of erratic behavior draws more scrutiny of their claims, a la "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

A perfect reason why animals like sandusky go for kids like this. I do get what you're saying and damn, it's a tight thin rope to walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom