Is there a fan base that has been jerked around more the past 18 months than Mizzou? | Syracusefan.com

Is there a fan base that has been jerked around more the past 18 months than Mizzou?

Jake

Mod
They've been a "done deal" to another conference about 3 different times now...and they're still in the Big 12. The SEC just issued a statement that "they haven't invited anyone".

We got the biggest set of blue balls ever back when BC Miami and Va Tech left - but I feel for their fans. I'd be pacing the 6th floor of the Carousel Mall if I were a Mizzou fan.

I have no doubt that Mizzou as a school has been the source of these rumors both last year and this. Trying to make rumor into reality or use rumors to influence decisionmakers for where they really want to end up. That stuff may be useful on a one off basis but at this point I don't believe anything coming out of Mizzou.

My friend is a Mizzou fan. Strangely, they seem quite content heading for obscurity in the SEC or the Big 10.

I have no doubt that Mizzou as a school has been the source of these rumors both last year and this. Trying to make rumor into reality or use rumors to influence decisionmakers for where they really want to end up. That stuff may be useful on a one off basis but at this point I don't believe anything coming out of Mizzou.

Yeah, that's what I thought when they didn't get the Big 10 invite last time. Kind of had that feeling like Mizzou had an inflated sense of worth based on the cities they sit between. I'm sure they'll land somewhere nice, but they'll continue receiving a dose of reality while they wait.