Is this really Hiltz 4th year? | Syracusefan.com

Is this really Hiltz 4th year?

How is this guy a senior?

1. Freshman Year (2021)

2. Redshirt Year (2022):
Suffered a season-ending injury in Syracuse's preseason scrimmage that caused him to miss every game of the year.

3. Redshirt Sophomore Year (2023)

4. Redshirt Junior Year (2024)

Been here 4 years and has enough credits to graduate. He can come back next year if he wants to.

1. Freshman Year (2021)

2. Redshirt Year (2022):
Suffered a season-ending injury in Syracuse's preseason scrimmage that caused him to miss every game of the year.

3. Redshirt Sophomore Year (2023)

4. Redshirt Junior Year (2024)

Been here 4 years and has enough credits to graduate. He can come back next year if he wants to.
TY!

Would we want Hiltz back for a fifth year? He is very talented in certain aspects of the game but I am not sure he and Joey can be complementary in ways that would optimize the attack unit when they are playing against the top defenses.

Yes you want him back all this speculation is insane! Every player to ever play the game has good and bad games. Mike Powell was shutdown in the 2003 final four vs Hopkins then completely shutout the following season at Homewood then lit the same team up in the final four. Production fluctuates these players are human to expect anything else is absurd

Yes you want him back all this speculation is insane! Every player to ever play the game has good and bad games. Mike Powell was shutdown in the 2003 final four vs Hopkins then completely shutout the following season at Homewood then lit the same team up in the final four. Production fluctuates these players are human to expect anything else is absurd
For me it isn't a question of good and bad games although Hiltz's productivity over the past two years seems to raise some questions. Rather, it is a question of how individual talents coalesce into an effective unit that create problems for top level defenses for which there are no good solutions. As currently constructed, it may be that the SU offense can't create enough of these problems to move to the next level- I hope that is not the case but it is something we won't have to guess about soon.

SU has created enough though if Leo doesn’t slide into the goal circle SU beats MD in OT if the refs reset the shot clock against Army with 11 mins left when Joey fired it off the goalie Birts goal on the rebound counts and Army doesn’t score at the other end. I know the calls went the other way but the talent and production is there to compete with anyone. If you care to discuss situational decision making I’m all for it but it’s a completely different conversation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom