Is this the lowest point of Big East football? | Syracusefan.com

Is this the lowest point of Big East football?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Zero ranked teams.
Every team has at least 3 total losses
Every team has at least 2 conference losses

its so bad butgirls has a legit shot at its first ever championship

If Louisville beats USF tomorrow without BJ Daniels they are going to be the FIRST 5 loss team to play in the BCS.

If you think this is bad, wait until its UConn Rutgers, UCF, Temple, ECU, Villanova, UMass, Navy, Army, AF, and Boise in 2013

I'll answer your question with a question...

If this is indeed the worst year for the BE conference ever, does any Syracuse fan actually care?

If we didn't have our golden ticket already punched, I would actually care about this.

If this is indeed the worst year for the BE conference ever, does any Syracuse fan actually care?

If we didn't have our golden ticket already punched, I would actually care about this.
Not saying I care, I actually find it quite comical... to the point I'll be rooting against all BE teams just for craps and giggles

Yeah, I do care, because SU is a prime culprit in the last 8-10 years of mediocrity in the Big East. Imagine how much better the profile of the league would be if we were able to carry our weight.
It's hard to poke fun at the league when we're firmly lodged in the cellar.

I completely agree. At this point, we would likely be at the bottom of any other league. We probably are not good enough to win the MAC yet.

its so bad butgirls has a legit shot at its first ever championship
If they beat Yukon they will have their first ever share of a BE title.

In short: Yukon must beat Rutgers and lose to Cincinnati.

Zero ranked teams.
Every team has at least 3 total losses
Every team has at least 2 conference losses
Without question, this the worst BE football has ever been. There isn't a team in the top 50 in the country in the conference. Eastern football has never been more irrelevant than it is right now.

The saddest part is that Syracuse is the worst team in this terrible conference.

Yeah, I do care, because SU is a prime culprit in the last 8-10 years of mediocrity in the Big East. Imagine how much better the profile of the league would be if we were able to carry our weight.

And, I'm frankly tired of the pot shots taken by too many on this board at the Big East Conference.

The fact is that this could have and should have been a great football league.

The problem, of course, is that too many coaches and too many teams left the conference for the money and perceived prestige of other conferences.

Miami, Va Tech, BC were devastating losses.

Petrino, Rodriguez, D'Antonio, Kelly, Edsall left very solid programs that would have continued to grow and compete on a national basis had they stayed put. And, Leavitt of So. Florida was building an excellent program before he was forced out.

No conference can succeed with the kind of instability that the BE has been forced to endure. So, to decry the BE while it tries to rebound from a series of devastating losses, is kinda like picking the wings off flies. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to do it.

The "burn the bridge, I'm over it" attitude that I read on this board is not only lacking in class, but is bad karma. I generally don't wish others ill - at least those who have done me no harm - because I never want to be in the position of taking their shots or assuming that all will be well with me.

In this world of college athletics things can change in an instant. Paybacks are a bitch.

My attitude is simple - I am very happy that we are in the ACC, but I wish the BE all the best and hope that it succeeds.

College Football is all about talent and Syracuse has the least talent in the conference. Until we get a major talent infusion which I believe Marrone has done on the defense and the young talent needs a year before you expect to see results. Our offense is a clusterbleep and that is on Marrone. I hope we have young talent for the OL, we got AAM and Smith for the RB position, Lemon, Sales, Graham, West are all back next year and hopefully will be better, sadly Provo has come into in his own his Sr. year, but has been GREAT for us, and we got Thompson and hopefully Wales is good. The QB situation hopefully will get better. I don't think being the worst team is shocking because the recruiting hasn't been that great. I am just disappointed in Coach Marrone's stubbornness to due things he wouldn't want to do in situations you need to do something. Like going it for on 4th down with 5 minutes to go and down 2 scores or having a QB who will scramble. I am thankful GRob is gone, but Marrone has to show something next year or his seat will get warm after year 4.

College Football is all about talent and Syracuse has the least talent in the conference. Until we get a major talent infusion which I believe Marrone has done on the defense and the young talent needs a year before you expect to see results. Our offense is a clusterbleep and that is on Marrone. I hope we have young talent for the OL, we got AAM and Smith for the RB position, Lemon, Sales, Graham, West are all back next year and hopefully will be better, sadly Provo has come into in his own his Sr. year, but has been GREAT for us, and we got Thompson and hopefully Wales is good. The QB situation hopefully will get better. I don't think being the worst team is shocking because the recruiting hasn't been that great. I am just disappointed in Coach Marrone's stubbornness to due things he wouldn't want to do in situations you need to do something. Like going it for on 4th down with 5 minutes to go and down 2 scores or having a QB who will scramble. I am thankful GRob is gone, but Marrone has to show something next year or his seat will get warm after year 4.
He did this 2 times against S Fl and they dropped passes in the endzone

I completely agree. At this point, we would likely be at the bottom of any other league. We probably are not good enough to win the MAC yet.
"Probably are not good enough..."

I think we all know the answer to that.

44cuse

UL is a much better team than they were earlier in the year but having a 7-5 team go to the BCS with 3 OOC Ls being @UNC, Marshall, and FIU is embarrassing.

I love PA's post. It covers my feelings in many ways. I want to see SU succeed and the way we will be successful will be different than the rest of the country. If coaches had been patient and allowed long term success build, then the BE Football would have had a chance...but HCDM knows that over time and recruiting methodology over time (recruit NYS athletes now, build on that, then upon success, recruit better nationally)...we are working towards a more positive recruiting cycle, I'm not so sure they (the other
BE teams) ...maybe the difference between our feelings is that I believe we must capitalize on them not being in a better conference and I hope we get their better recruits because of it...we have to move forward now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom