Is this the team? | Syracusefan.com

Is this the team?

As long as John is aggressive and attacking the rim instead of pounding it at the top of the key for 15-20 seconds, yes. As JB said in his presser tonight "As John goes we go."
When he's patient going into the lane (and uses the rim as protection) he's unstoppable.

With a favorable tourney site in the East Regional, Cuse could be a very messy matchup.

I think we still struggle against teams like UNC with more than one talented big guy who can score, but I think you may be onto something.
Yeah UNC/WVU are the teams I don't want near us. But...we can shoot...dribble...score...

The offense will be there - we have enough weapons. If the defense can step up - the zone in a single elimination tourney can be very tough.

One thing we have this year that we haven't had in a while - we can outscore the other team if need be.

Just let us in the dance - just give us the chance.

I think we still struggle against teams like UNC with more than one talented big guy who can score, but I think you may be onto something.

Yep, and we still get to see Lammers again ...:rolleyes:

Tonight was enormous because Duke seems custom built to destroy our system and personnel this year.

We were good, but we were extremely lucky too!

I'd rather not see them again this season.

that no one wants to play in a 1-game elimination tourney?
I wouldn't want to be a fan of the team playing against them in a tourney, but on the other hand SU fans are all going to have heart attacks before this team wins 6 (7!) games in a row.

outside of a possible ACCT game how many of those type teams are out there?

On the plus side ... we have a balanced team offensively, good game management and good ball handling. We win close games, show great fight in coming back from deficits ... I wouldn't count us out of any game and that has to be a little disheartening to opponents ... JB has shown he is at the height of his powers, if we lose it won't be due to him. Sorry haters!

On the downside ... defense is not as strong as usual, our zone looks as good as it is going to get ... this teams wins at home but has struggled out of the Dome ... our bench players are unpredictable at best - Howard has displayed poor decision making at times (getting better!) and Robey is a complete wild card, no telling what you will get ...

If this team can get steadier, more consistent, then getting to the Elite Eight is entirely possible.

Kara Lawson just mentioned us as a dark horse to make a run in the tourney, so we clearly have people's attention.

I'm hoping we end up a 10 or even work up to a 7. I don't want to be in the 8/9 game, but we can beat anyone. I want Baylor as the 2, if we are a 10. Still plenty games to go. Let's run the damn table.

I'm hoping we end up a 10 or even work up to a 7. I don't want to be in the 8/9 game, but we can beat anyone. I want Baylor as the 2, if we are a 10. Still plenty games to go. Let's run the damn table.

id rather be an 11 than an 8, there's no way for us to be an 11 at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom