Is today the day? | Syracusefan.com

Is today the day?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Miami nearly beat us up here. They have us in their place.

My recollection of playing them, (and South Florida) down there form the Big Eats days is that we tended to sleep-walk through the games. Something about the weather down there...

When we face a zone,w e don't look any better than the teams who face our zone.

Trevor Cooney has started to pile up the bad shooting nights. Not every night, maybe but the light goes on and off.

There will be a game when having two centers won't be enough.

We are dreaming of being 20-0 going into the Duke game. Basketball is reality.

We've been flirting with disaster. What if it falls in love with us?

Is today the day that bubble at the end of our 18-0 record bursts?

Certainly possible.

However, Miami played their absolute best last time we played them. They controlled tempo while Cooney and the rest of our team had horrific shooting nights.

And we still won.

For that reason, I think we will win again today.

I think alot of it depends on our outside shooting
When we are hitting 3's it really opens the inside for JG and CJF
Look at the season...when TC was hot we were imposing offensively
Now that he has cooled off we are having to grind it out
I know it puts tons of pressure on him but we need TC to heat up again

OO44

No doubt Miami can be a tough matchup, but I think the trouble that we had with them last game will give our guys a little sharper edge today and we'll win fairly easily even if not by a big margin.

Miami stinks at home. We roll today. I think Trevor and cj have big games. Count me in the group that's more worried about Wednesday.

No doubt Miami can be a tough matchup, but I think the trouble that we had with them last game will give our guys a little sharper edge today and we'll win fairly easily even if not by a big margin.

I'm inclined to go that way also. I don't think SU really knew quite what to expect in the first time they played. As well there was all the hoopla surrounding SU's "first ACC game in history," etc acting as a distraction. Hell, they're seasoned vets now ... ;)

SWC75 said:
Miami nearly beat us up here. They have us in their place. My recollection of playing them, (and South Florida) down there form the Big Eats days is that we tended to sleep-walk through the games. Something about the weather down there... When we face a zone,w e don't look any better than the teams who face our zone. Trevor Cooney has started to pile up the bad shooting nights. Not every night, maybe but the light goes on and off. There will be a game when having two centers won't be enough. We are dreaming of being 20-0 going into the Duke game. Basketball is reality. We've been flirting with disaster. What if it falls in love with us? Is today the day that bubble at the end of our 18-0 record bursts?
Zero chance we lose this game. Zero. This team starves offensively and cant score enough points.

Miami nearly beat us up here. They have us in their place.

My recollection of playing them, (and South Florida) down there form the Big Eats days is that we tended to sleep-walk through the games. Something about the weather down there...

When we face a zone,w e don't look any better than the teams who face our zone.

Trevor Cooney has started to pile up the bad shooting nights. Not every night, maybe but the light goes on and off.

There will be a game when having two centers won't be enough.

We are dreaming of being 20-0 going into the Duke game. Basketball is reality.

We've been flirting with disaster. What if it falls in love with us?

Is today the day that bubble at the end of our 18-0 record bursts?
Cuse has improved since the last game as Grant is becoming a more complete player. Miami seems to be going the other way. Speaking of the old days; Miami witnessed a Hak attack that they should never forget.

Of course the possibility exists, hope it doesn't happen though. You could have added we have had a lot of good starts recently but they rarely get to 19.

If we get an early lead then I imagine Miami will think back to the recent Duke disaster and realize it was no fluke & they suck.

On the other hand, if they keep it close late then they'll be jazzed b/c the rest of their season is mostly easy pickins. After us they have 12 games with the toughest being one against Pitt, another vs Clemson and one against UVA. They also have Fl State again, they lost at home to them. So we're the big enchilada for the rest of their season.

I'm inclined to go that way also. I don't think SU really knew quite what to expect in the first time they played. As well there was all the hoopla surrounding SU's "first ACC game in history," etc acting as a distraction. Hell, they're seasoned vets now ... ;)

Not to mention JB's had a full week to prepare this time around with the benefit of having a better scouting report. Last time it was a 4 day turnaround with the distraction of the New Year's holiday thrown in.

Forgive me if it comes off wrong, and its a message board everyones free to be open, but I have a whole different outlook.

Do you think Arizonas fans sit around saying will today be the day we lose? They won't be doing that ever this year.

I actually was wondering if this was the day that people started realizing we are super exciting. I couldn't believe my ears when some sportswriter and fans said we weren't the other day. To me Tyler Ennis, Jerami Grant CJ Fair, Cooney, Rak, Baye, Gbinije are all very exciting. They are full of personallity, each accepts their own individual fate, theres no ordinary person to them, thats how JB builds ball players and its awesome.

Its not about history, its about confidence and we are way analytical on this board to the point it becomes lack of faith.Which is ok its voicing not only your opinion but also predictions and how you feel. What a big picker upper we could be for the players and atmosphere if we brought more fire and faith believing our guys could play above their heads every time they step on the court.

Go back one month, would we have been saying is this the day we lose before game, or thets go kick some @ss!

F' It I expect us to go undefeated, and I will forfeit my iggy proudly.
I am pumped this morning thets go CUSEE!

cj-fair-syracuse.jpg

Still love you swc, give you a like anyway.

Last edited:
If we put pressure on them like Dook did then victory will be ours; however, if we sit back and allow them to be comfortable, it will certainly be close and could go either way.

The OP sounds like the negative side. The positive side should look at what we can accomplish today:
The rarified air of 19-0, not done many times
Have TC eliminate any nonsense talk about a mini-slump
Maintain another week as the top dog in the ACC
Get CJ back in the ACC POY discussion
Get the SU team into a comfortable win, break out of these close ones
Maybe get some run for the bench

The possibility exists for a lot of positive things to happen today.

It may be the day Wichita St loses. On road at Drake (11-8) playing better than average schedule for this level . Plus Drake has a guard hitting almost 50% from three.
Inherently upsets come from where there are least expected, but this is the only game on the schedule is see a ranked team getting beat (by a lower rank).
(PS I wonder if this is how Seth Davis got his start?)

Terrible post SWC and I'm not joking. I will never understand how anyone can post negative vibes right before the game. How about is today the day Ennis gets his first triple double. How about is today the day Cooney hits ten 3's. Instead you post this manure.

SWC brings up good points as they have historical data.
The way I would react to this post is if indeed we do blow in their drawers by thirty, that will give a real real good gauge how good we really are in comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom