Isaiah Stewart isn't such a bad guy | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Stewart isn't such a bad guy

I root hard for any hometown kid & have been high (ha) on Stewart since he came into the league. But he’s no angel on the court. This is no accidental shot to Blake Griffin’s head.

I root hard for any hometown kid & have been high (ha) on Stewart since he came into the league. But he’s no angel on the court. This is no accidental shot to Blake Griffin’s head.

Hard for me to feel bad for Blake, he’s been a loud mouth jerk for a lot of his career

Maybe that's why LeBron did it to him?

For how Griffin screwed around with the Detroit franchise, it was good that a former Piston teammate took a shot at him.

Boy Scout.

still photos don’t always give the best context of the movements in a situation and can be deceiving.

Would love to video of this play. Perhaps it will be clear of a dirty play by Stewart. That is quite possible. But maybe not.

But my initial instinct when I see someone with an agenda post (not fireball, but the author of the tweet) post a still photo is that it could be disingenuous. Not always but it brings up the concern as I ha be seen issues with it a number of times.

And you bet the tweet author is guilty of agenda posting. To claim that all Lebron did was “Simply react to the push”. Come on now.

Looking to find that video of Doncic. I'm intrigued now.

I would not be surprised if it showed Stewart doing something really chippy. But maybe not.

Unfortunately my googling is unsuccessful I tried "Isiah Stewart Doncic video" and changed Video to incident, cheapshot. Not to say the video does not exist, but google right now is triggered to showing Isiah / Lebron no matter what you type after Isiah Stewart!

Last edited:
Who cares!!! He could have stayed in Upstate NY and been someone who could have had a ton of fans in his corner for life but instead chose to go elsewhere. I don't wish bad things to him but I'm sure as heck not going to defend him.

Who cares!!! He could have stayed in Upstate NY and been someone who could have had a ton of fans in his corner for life but instead chose to go elsewhere. I don't wish bad things to him but I'm sure as heck not going to defend him.
You better start wearing a cup.

Looking to find that video of Doncic. I'm intrigued now.

I would not be surprised if it showed Stewart doing something really chippy. But maybe not.

Unfortunately my googling is unsuccessful I tried "Isiah Stewart Doncic video" and changed Video to incident, cheapshot. Not to say the video does not exist, but google right now is triggered to showing Isiah / Lebron no matter what you type after Isiah Stewart!
Found it around the 2:30 mark...

Didn't look dirty or intentional to me.

Yeah, out of context that looks really bad. But, in real time, I don't even think it affected Luka at all. And, certainly not intentional.

He was just off balance from getting run into by Luka - which was clean as well. Luka may have reached down to his jock area a bit on the way back, but it didn't appear to be an issue.

Yeah, out of context that looks really bad. But, in real time, I don't even think it affected Luka at all. And, certainly not intentional.

Very likely not intentional would be my conclusion -- as per my initial concerns. I have seen a number of these lacking context "still shot" photos used to support someone's biased point, that I sniffed it right out. Typically its in hockey incidents, where the photo seems to distract from what actually happened on the whole play. I have relied on some of those tweets before as well to support my view, only to realize they were distorted.

Unless of course this type of kicking action starts happening over and over, a la Draymond Green.

It's not like the tweeter had to go the extra step. The Blake Griffin play was very dirty if he wanted to point to something.

Last edited:
I love NBA “fights.” All talk, then get tough and pretend they want to throw hands once 8 people have gotten there to break it up.
That's just about any fight lol easy to be a tough guy when you know it's getting broken up.

That's just about any fight lol easy to be a tough guy when you know it's getting broken up.
I don’t know….I think Stewart might’ve been a bit dazed at first. Once he came to and realized how much he was bleeding I think he legit wanted to fight.

I don’t know….I think Stewart might’ve been a bit dazed at first. Once he came to and realized how much he was bleeding I think he legit wanted to fight.
That might be the case and id be ready to fight to if that happened to me.