Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a strong start to 19. Best to have puzzle pieces in place to make Khalif's decision even easier if necessary. Stewart would be big time.

Last edited:
I wonder about Stewart in our system. Is he a straight 4, a 4/5 or more of a 5?

I wonder about Stewart in our system. Is he a straight 4, a 4/5 or more of a 5?

What's his height at these days? If he's 6'10" or so, then I see him as closer to a 5 in our system, based off of the limited highlights I've seen of him. He doesn't seem to have great lateral quickness nor does he seem ultra athletic. Also, he seems to operate mostly on the inside offensively (although he does have decent open court handle for a big). Seems to have solid shot blocking instincts, which is a necessity at the 5.

What's his height at these days? If he's 6'10" or so, then I see him as closer to a 5 in our system, based off of the limited highlights I've seen of him. He doesn't seem to have great lateral quickness nor does he seem ultra athletic. Also, he seems to operate mostly on the inside offensively (although he does have decent open court handle for a big). Seems to have solid shot blocking instincts, which is a necessity at the 5.

So he could be an option in place of Roberts or Carrigan. I've just come to realize with the proliferation of 3pt shooting that some big guys who once would have been OK on the wing in the zone are a liability these days.

So he could be an option in place of Roberts or Carrigan. I've just come to realize with the proliferation of 3pt shooting that some big guys who once would have been OK on the wing in the zone are a liability these days.
Spot on observation, jordoo. If you can't place 3-4 shooters on the court in this day and age of CBB, you will most likely struggle. There are exceptions of course, if you have a dominant big man is one of them.

Peach Jam 3rd Team...

12ppg, 9reb, 2bpg, 63.3fg%

"While the Rocks rely heavily on their outside shooting, they would have gone absolutely nowhere without their man in the middle. 6-foot-9 sophomore Isaiah Stewart impressed on both sides of the ball, averaging 11.5 points and 9.2 rebounds while shooting over 60 percent from the floor. His 2.2 blocks per game were good for a top ten finish at Peach Jam, and his ability to defend multiple bigs came up clutch in wins against Team Penny and All Ohio. Stewart has a very bright future, and he'll be a force to be reckoned with when he becomes a featured player in their offense. Texas offered over Peach Jam, the first of what should be many high-major offers for the talented 2019 forward."

Texas offered over Peach Jam, the first of what should be many high-major offers for the talented 2019 forward."

When did Syracuse stop being a high major? I can understand overlooking the irrelevant Georgetown program, but Cuse?

th

Anyone notice that Isiah Stewart is no longer listed as a Syracuse Offer/interest under Verbal Commits.

Is it a sign that one or both sides have moved on away from each other interests?

Anyone notice that Isiah Stewart is no longer listed as a Syracuse Offer/interest under Verbal Commits.

Is it a sign that one or both sides have moved on away from each other interests?
No

Status
Not open for further replies.