Isaiah Whitehead | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Whitehead

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Whitehead.jpg

He looks great in Orange!

Likes SU & UConn above all the schools recruiting him now. He loves our style, the Dome and the family atmosphere here.

No decision until after AAU's in his junior year.

On January 7 he will be playing in the Brandon Jennings Invitational at 2:15 PM against Lone Peak from Highland Utah

I'd vote yes simply because he's from my high school. Granted that we're skipping a guard in 2012, it wouldn't hurt to land a top PG in case MCW blows up his sophomore year and goes pro.

His sister plays here...I think we have an edge.

He's one of the best to ever come out of NYC many people have said.

His sister plays here...I think we have an edge.

isaiah%2Bbriscoe%2B2.jpg

I think you have your Isaiah's mixed up, Briscoe's sister plays for the Lady Orange her name is Iasia Hemingway. She is a special player in her own right.

Article

I thought Whitehead took us off his list once the Fine news hit, no?
isaiah_whitehead--300x450.jpg

Yes & no. His mom thought it was the head coach and there was an article in the NY Post saying he wasn't considering SU anymore.. Almost immediatley she learned it was an assistant who was fired and SU was back in the mix.

Isaiah is a huge Carmelo Anthony fan, so we have that going for us.

Here is the sequence

Top NYC recruit rejects Syracuse over scandal
Who do you play like? Carmelo! Gym hghlights at the end

Good news, we could use him as it Dion may take off early. He is the class of 2014, though.

Talent wise this kid is great, seen him play he's nasty... Thing is grades with him guys... Already has been held out of games due to grades... And if he can't get grades in hs, the SAT may be a problem.

After all the Fine mixup, somebody (can't remember who) said there was no way he was really considering Syracuse anyway... I don't remember who that was but they were someone who I'd believe normally.

OOPS ... sorry OE. You're right... Isiah Briscoe. He's pretty good tho too

I like his game, I got a feeling that he will be very good wherever he goes. Just something about him screams NBA talent, well will be hearing a lot about this kid in the near future!!!

After all the Fine mixup, somebody (can't remember who) said there was no way he was really considering Syracuse anyway... I don't remember who that was but they were someone who I'd believe normally.
Yea, I remember that too. They said we werent recruiting him but he kept listing us...or something like that.

I don't think JB goes after NYC at all for whatever reason.

Whitehead gets press in the city and it would tremendously help us to be "New York's College Team" if we actually had players from the city. I know NYC is a pro town but having local players will help promote us big time and change that perception. Some bandwagon fans and higher TV ratings only means more $$$ for the school ;)

I'd vote yes simply because he's from my high school. Granted that we're skipping a guard in 2012, it wouldn't hurt to land a top PG in case MCW blows up his sophomore year and goes pro.

Cooney is effectively our guard for 2012.

I don't think JB goes after NYC at all for whatever reason.

Whitehead gets press in the city and it would tremendously help us to be "New York's College Team" if we actually had players from the city. I know NYC is a pro town but having local players will help promote us big time and change that perception. Some bandwagon fans and higher TV ratings only means more $$$ for the school ;)

Because most kids are pay for play. You get invested in a kid, like Julius Hodge, and then at the last minute shoe money shows up and your efforts are for nothing.

Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop)
3/4/12 9:53 AM
2014 Williamsport (PA) guard Isaiah Washington is attending the Penn State game today. Syracuse recently began expressing interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom