Ishmael with all-time game in Miami? | Syracusefan.com

Ishmael with all-time game in Miami?

Yes he has. All people say is he is too slow. However, all he does is beat every team's top corner off the line in press coverage and finds windows. Some of those windows behind the coverage. Playing WR is as much about smarts and feel for playing in space and understanding routes; as it is being fast and tall and a freak athlete. There have been receivers slower than ish that made NFL careers out of that. Hopefully ish is on his way. Ya think ish wouldn't catch a bunch of balls in the NE system?

80F75F45-7948-4402-B95A-DD6EF1DA4F27.jpeg
234AE62F-8CC6-455A-A6AC-7127F020F27D.png

I hate to say, “I told you so”. Not in this situation though. I told you so.

Last edited:
View attachment 112757
I hate to say, “I told you so”. Not in this situation though. I told you so.

Generally, I think pulling up posts from three months ago is pretty toolish, but I’m glad you had that saved and ready to pull up. good memory.

I’ll gladly eat crow on that comment and am 100% happy to say I was wrong. Ish taking this leap has been dynamic for the offense. 559 yards last season, 570 yards before that, and 415 his first year. Ish’s career before now has screamed possession receiver. Dino even said that it took Ish realizing he needed to believe in the system to put up these numbers. Again, I’m glad you saw it and I’m glad he’s doing it. Hopefully butler takes the leap next year and Hendrix/Q can come in ready to go next year so we don’t miss a beat.

I may have some posts from last March that need some pulling up too. I seem to recall saying Pierce was going to put up huge numbers. Not sure if you have the time for it though.

Emotions sometimes tend to run wild when a player goes home to play for the first time. Ish is pretty mature and it'll be interesting to see how the Miami DB's interact with him.

Yes he has. All people say is he is too slow. However, all he does is beat every team's top corner off the line in press coverage and finds windows. Some of those windows behind the coverage. Playing WR is as much about smarts and feel for playing in space and understanding routes; as it is being fast and tall and a freak athlete. There have been receivers slower than ish that made NFL careers out of that. Hopefully ish is on his way. Ya think ish wouldn't catch a bunch of balls in the NE system?
He reminds me a lot of Marques Colston... though I think Colston has a few inches on him

Generally, I think pulling up posts from three months ago is pretty toolish, but I’m glad you had that saved and ready to pull up. good memory.

I’ll gladly eat crow on that comment and am 100% happy to say I was wrong. Ish taking this leap has been dynamic for the offense. 559 yards last season, 570 yards before that, and 415 his first year. Ish’s career before now has screamed possession receiver. Dino even said that it took Ish realizing he needed to believe in the system to put up these numbers. Again, I’m glad you saw it and I’m glad he’s doing it. Hopefully butler takes the leap next year and Hendrix/Q can come in ready to go next year so we don’t miss a beat.

I may have some posts from last March that need some pulling up too. I seem to recall saying Pierce was going to put up huge numbers. Not sure if you have the time for it though.

I bet RTB makes the 2 deep next year as a RF. Similar size to Ishmael with better speed. That's my hot take

I bet RTB makes the 2 deep next year as a RF. Similar size to Ishmael with better speed. That's my hot take

Would love it! I was a fan of RTB’s HS tape.

First and foremost, I did not post this to throw it in anyone's face. Actually I am glad I was finally right about something. After my son and I met him in person his Freshman year and saw what a nice modest kid he was, we have been pulling for him ever since. I am glad he is having a great Senior season and hope to see him play at Panther Stadium (as a Panther or opposing team player).
And for the record, I am not a tool. ;)

Last edited:
What are you predicting, cause I think 120 with a Td is a nice game.

I know you said all time game but as other have stated that's AET 5 td and hundred something yards, and I can't remember what lemon did though I think something like 200 with 3 tds was his game maybe...

I had the chance to talk with Tommy Kane well before his issues. He told me that speed was one of the least important skills in playing WR. #1-eyes.

As long as he doesn't push off... sorry was too easy

He's shown me a thing or two... I hope he gets to play on Sundays
I love SU, it is Etta-tawo can’t, no chance for Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors