ishmael's 4 games this year 45 for 512. Tim Lane's career 43 for 508 | Syracusefan.com

ishmael's 4 games this year 45 for 512. Tim Lane's career 43 for 508

this shouldn't amuse me as much as it does

That's because your an a**.
If Tim hadn't hurt his ankle his first year, (and lost some of his sub 4.5 speed), had Eric Dungy, this offense, and this coach, rather than who he had, including the worst coach in SU history, his career would have been different. The difference that stuff makes can be seen in Emba's MD years vs his year at SU. Same player, different QB and scheme, drastically different results.
Tim was the all time TD leader in San Diego county HS FB when he graduated. Lots if offers, including Cal.

If Tim hadn't hurt his ankle his first year, (and lost some of his sub 4.5 speed), had Eric Dungy, this offense, and this coach, rather than who he had, including the worst coach in SU history, his career would have been different. The difference that stuff makes can be seen in Emba's MD years vs his year at SU. Same player, different QB and scheme, drastically different results.
Tim was the all time TD leader in San Diego county HS FB when he graduated. Lots if offers, including Cal.
Oh relax we played this game last year with Etta Tawo becoming one of the all time greats here by halftime of his second game and you didn't have a cow over it

Ish at 45

Number 2 is Jaylen Samuels with 38

Erv at 27 and Kelvin Harmon is at 25

I expect to see lots of passing Saturday.

I think putting a WR atop The national statistics every year is going to pay crazy dividends. People will notice it.

Thing is, it's happening now with a guy that's a practice squad NFL player, and with Ish, I don't know - maybe that's about how he projects too.

What happens when we plug a Marvin Harrison type talent into that WR1 role with all those receptions?

this shouldn't amuse me as much as it does
This post is cold but also hilarious. And shows that we have made some progress in the past decade even if it's not yet reflected in the record.

I think putting a WR atop The national statistics every year is going to pay crazy dividends. People will notice it.

Thing is, it's happening now with a guy that's a practice squad NFL player, and with Ish, I don't know - maybe that's about how he projects too.

What happens when we plug a Marvin Harrison type talent into that WR1 role with all those receptions?

Ed Hendrix has the measurables. We’ll see.

upload_2017-9-25_8-33-12.png

upload_2017-9-25_8-32-31.png

When Gedney was an All American in 1992, I think he caught 35 passes. I remember thinking he just always seems to be open and catch passes.

It's not my fault. I didn't know.

Oh... Sorry Mr. Lane.

Was it against Iowa he dropped the TD?

Yep, would have avoided the 7 play for 1 yard longest sequence of our lives.

He also had a couple huge 4th down drops, want to say @ ND, and a home game against Cincy (driving for a win).

He also had a couple huge 4th down drops, want to say @ ND, and a home game against Cincy (driving for a win).

oh lord... the cincy game.

I could probably find a few hundred receivers here that had lower career numbers in the books....not getting the point on naming Tim Lane.

I could probably find a few hundred receivers here that had lower career numbers in the books...not getting the point on naming Tim Lane.
Because he is the guy the stats matched almost perfectly, that is all, I swear

we have great size and speed moving into the WR position next year.

Because he is the guy the stats matched almost perfectly, that is all, I swear

There's another guy whose stats are a near-perfect match for Ish this year.

Ish last year.

He's nearly matched his entire SEASON output from last year, in 4 games.
:cool:

Im excited for the years to come.

Need to see more TD's out of him. He had 7 his sophomore year. Last year he had 1 (!) and only has 1 through 4 games this year. Seems to me that he should be getting more TD's in Dino's offense than before, not the opposite.

Do you think Marvin Harrison would have liked to have played in this offense here?

College stats: Marvin Harrison College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Pro stats: Marvin Harrison Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

we have great size and speed moving into the WR position next year.

Good points. Yeah, Ish isn't an NFL receiver IMO (maybe practice squad) but, yes, once more talent comes into this offense like the Baylor types of WRs then lookout.

I hope Nykiem can develop more consistency. He seems like he could be a poor man's Tyreek Hill type.

Yes, 2005 at ND. Saw it live, right in front of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom