It’s all on the OL tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

It’s all on the OL tomorrow

Dcuse

All Conference
They have to play above their heads as a unit or we’re not in this. Our D will fight like crazy but they are going to be run on. If we are in 2nd / 3rd and long tomorrow...well.... you guys know.
Run the ball and run it effectively Damn it!!

They have to play above their heads as a unit or we’re not in this. Our D will fight like crazy but they are going to be run on. If we are in 2nd / 3rd and long tomorrow...well... you guys know.
Run the ball and run it effectively Damn it!!

Is Shrader 100%? Is Tucker 100%? That’ll go the furthest in determining our running game

Is Shrader 100%? Is Tucker 100%? That’ll go the furthest in determining our running game
Respectfully disagree. If the OL stinks Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry wouldn’t move the football. If they play well, a slightly less than top notch Shrader and Tucker will make a difference.

Respectfully disagree. If the OL stinks Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry wouldn’t move the football. If they play well, a slightly less than top notch Shrader and Tucker will make a difference.

Our OL is average. Which was enough when we had 2 stud runners. Now we’ve been reduced to 1/2 a runner. The OL is not a bunch of NFL linemen who can blow open holes for anyone. It is not all on the OL tomorrow. The run game also depends on the TE and FB and play calling. But without Shrader and Tucker being 100% or real close, the odds of a great running game is seriously reduced regardless of how the OL plays.

Really can't see Shrader playing this week, being a warrior he might try but can't be 100%.

Our OL is average. Which was enough when we had 2 stud runners. Now we’ve been reduced to 1/2 a runner. The OL is not a bunch of NFL linemen who can blow open holes for anyone. It is not all on the OL tomorrow. The run game also depends on the TE and FB and play calling. But without Shrader and Tucker being 100% or real close, the odds of a great running game is seriously reduced regardless of how the OL plays.
Shrader and Tucker ever going to heal or are they permanently hobbled for this season?

Shrader and Tucker ever going to heal or are they permanently hobbled for this season?
Our players aren’t allowed to recover health. Only other FBS schools can

Really can't see Shrader playing this week, being a warrior he might try but can't be 100%.
Agreed, hopefully I’ll be surprised but I wouldn’t put money on him coming out in his pads

Our players aren’t allowed to recover health. Only other FBS schools can
That’s how it’s feeling. Shrader hasn’t played in 2 weeks - is it not healing? Is this a 2 month type injury? If so, did the first half of ND make it worse?

Also, would Tucker’s injury heal if he had a few weeks off, or is it also a long term injury that will need multiple months off to heal?

If we sat them both for FSU and Wake, would they be close to 100% for BC?

Just gonna drop this here. I said way back when to hold out Tucker for Virginia, Wagner and bye giving him essentially 4 weeks to recover. And Shrader for Wagner and bye.

Was scoffed at.
I still think Shrader and Tucker should have played the bye week game.

Just gonna drop this here. I said way back when to hold out Tucker for Virginia, Wagner and bye giving him essentially 4 weeks to recover. And Shrader for Wagner and bye.

Was scoffed at.
We may have lost the UVA game, probably would have

All true enough. However, I will be interested to see how the OLine grades out at the end of the season. I bet we will drop each week as conference competition drives the average down. I`m guessing we are actually below average. Will be interesting to see.

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom