It’s early, but really impressed with Devo’s announcing | Syracusefan.com

It’s early, but really impressed with Devo’s announcing

Just was thinking this. Sounds like he's in his natural state. JT with the big 3 and the harm!

(Mods don't ban me please I know this is not the game thread).

Could not agree more.

He might have been rooting, but not your typical homer color guy.

Wasn’t afraid to call guys out.

Thought he was especially good in calling out nuances of the zone. Pointed out the Brown foul on the 4-pointer was actually Bell’s bad for example.

Not sure if he’d be as good on a non-SU game, but he’s very effective as an Orange analyst.

Naturally candid with an economy of words.

Biggest upset of the year is that he was able to get through the broadcast without swearing once.

(But I agree, I thought he did a great job)
I thought he almost let a sh...go, but nope.

He both knows and loves the game and knows and loves the Orange as much as anyone out there. And as anyone who watched him play knows, he knows how to talk.

He was great. Not surprised - he does a great job on the podcast and obviously played and has coached.

Wish I had the option of listening to him call every Orange game, I haven’t liked any of the national guys we get since Bilas, Raftery, and McDonough on Big Monday.

I agree. He has a future in this, especially once he really starts to get the feel for it. But as I said in the game thread, he should be coaching. We could use some fire on that bench.

And can who?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom