It’s time for this Offense to roll | Syracusefan.com

It’s time for this Offense to roll

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Im confident in the defensive personnel, this is just about the O.

At the end of the day, I think this squad could be poised for the greatest statistical success of Dino Baber’s tenure.

Starting with the QB, TD’s had 2 seasons to marinate and now he’s ready to cook, it’s his group. He’s a young man that was at the top of the staff’s list, and he’s surrounded by skill position talent that’s had comparable time in the same program to develop. I hope the absolute best for him, would love him to have big success out of the gate.

It’s been talked about a lot, but the OL does have ?’s. I think we have size and ability. How fast can the group gel? Can we stay healthy? This is the single most important variable to the success of the whole offensive group imo.

RB - I’m not even gonna dive in. Stacked group. Very diverse in their abilities. I wish we had more footballs to go around.

WR - I’m so excited about this group. Some fresh faces and some younger guys with more time to mature and develop in the S&C program.

I love the potential. I expect a step back, at least initially. But, the potential of the group is the greatest we’ve had collectively since before the turn of the century in my opinion.

I love the schedule going into the Clemson game. A good ramp up in competition going into one of the biggest early season tilts we’ve ever had as a program.

I’m really excited about this season, and our future. I think 2019, with some breaks, rivals 2018. I believe 2020, is the year we blow the gd lid off the thing.

Im confident in the defensive personnel, this is just about the O.

At the end of the day, I think this squad could be poised for the greatest statistical success of Dino Baber’s tenure.

Starting with the QB, TD’s had 2 seasons to marinate and now he’s ready to cook, it’s his group. He’s a young man that was at the top of the staff’s list, and he’s surrounded by skill position talent that’s had comparable time in the same program to develop. I hope the absolute best for him, would love him to have big success out of the gate.

It’s been talked about a lot, but the OL does have ?’s. I think we have size and ability. How fast can the group gel? Can we stay healthy? This is the single most important variable to the success of the whole offensive group imo.

RB - I’m not even gonna dive in. Stacked group. Very diverse in their abilities. I wish we had more footballs to go around.

WR - I’m so excited about this group. Some fresh faces and some younger guys with more time to mature and develop in the S&C program.

I love the potential. I expect a step back, at least initially. But, the potential of the group is the greatest we’ve had collectively since before the turn of the century in my opinion.

I love the schedule going into the Clemson game. A good ramp up in competition going into one of the biggest early season tilts we’ve ever had as a program.

I’m really excited about this season, and our future. I think 2019, with some breaks, rivals 2018. I believe 2020, is the year we blow the gd lid off the thing.

Great post.

I chuckled out loud when I read the WR and RB lines. I keep forgetting about Jackson and Adams. We might have been ok with DeVito and Harris and Neal (and our slot guys).

So freaking amped. I love summer - but I’m starting to wish it were late August.

The biggest threat to our sustainability on the offensive side, in my opinion, is not the OL but whether the baton pass to TD goes quite as smoothly as some trust it will. I think this factor is being hugely underrated.

On defense, losing all the starting LBs is the equivalent. This generally doesn't go well.

I'm optimistic, but think a sober view is warranted.

There is more risk than is generally being said.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic. The team will be good. Still, a repeat of 9 wins plus a bowl is no given against ACC competition. It happened in 2018 when we had exceptional luck (very few injuries to our key players), and an MVP qb who could convert in the red zone with his running. Big variables — staying away from injuries and Devito’s ability to finish drives. Good to see the fan base so positive.

The biggest threat to our sustainability on the offensive side, in my opinion, is not the OL but whether the baton pass to TD goes quite as smoothly as some trust it will. I think this factor is being hugely underrated.

On defense, losing all the starting LBs is the equivalent. This generally doesn't go well.

I'm optimistic, but think a sober view is warranted.

There is more risk than is generally being said.

No doubt that TD could have some growing pains as starter. But I think this argument suggests that Eric was perfect for this offense and never had bad performances - which isn’t true either.

Hope we replace Dontae’s and Ravian’s blocking. Underrated quality they brought to the table

No doubt that TD could have some growing pains as starter. But I think this argument suggests that Eric was perfect for this offense and never had bad performances - which isn’t true either.
Eric was able to put up a lot of points in this offense — whether or not he was perfect as a thrower. We can debate whether a dual threat QB is what is best for Dino’s offense. My opinion — Dungey’s running and threat to run, ability to escape, kept defenses honest. No doubt opposing coordinators will dial up pressure vs Tommy. And how he responds will be key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom