It feels great to be excited about December "cupcake" games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It feels great to be excited about December "cupcake" games

Even though we've started much better than expected, I'm basically just enjoying this season with zero expectations.

I've got the antidote ... if you are interested.

Become a baseball fan too or more of a baseball fan, if you are one already.

In baseball a good team is going to lose 65 or 70 times in a season.

You aren't going to win every game and you know that.

SU isn't going undefeated the rest of the way. Even the optimistic on here are predicting 9-9 in the ACC and getting into the Tourney as an 11 seed.

I've been the way you say you are.

I used to come home from work and barely chew my dinner. I was a tyrant with the boys, insisting that they be in bed with the lights off at 8:00pm. My wife would scurry off somewhere to read a book.

I could drink whiskey while watching the Big Monday Big East game without getting even high because my metabolism was at such a high rate that I burned the alcohol off. (That's my guess. I know I drank whiskey and never felt it)

If SU lost, I was devastated. If they won, I was relieved. Not overjoyed. Not ecstatic. I was relieved.

Now tell me, was I having a good time?
No, you were not. I think you are very honestly describing a fan who lost their way. And I believe many of us have been there in one way or another. I have had to really struggle at times to keep my balance. (One could argue that the very FACT that all of us are on this forum could indicate some sort of imbalance. Ha ha!)

I am not a fan of baseball but I certainly see your point. It is one of the reasons being a football fan is so difficult. ONE loss can be season destroying. With bball you get more chances. With baseball, a lot of chances. (But who cares?)

Let us hope we have a great game tonight and that not a single one of us commit seppuku should we lose.

I’d prefer to get back to where we are disappointed that we only beat a cupcake by 25 instead of 40.

Last year's team beat a lot of cupcakes by 40+. It didn't really get them anywhrre.

Last year after we were humiliated by St. Johns at home, we were 8-5, and our next game was against Cornell. Watching that Cornell game actually felt like work to me. I wasn't doing it because I was looking forward to it at all, I was watching out of a sense of fan obligation. It was like a two-hour work meeting I had to sit through.

This year after this Georgetown win, I am genuinely excited for Buffalo tonight. It's all I'm thinking about today.

(I put cupcake in quotations because I'm well aware we're only a 10 point favorite and this will be a competitive game.)

Still excited?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom