It feels like so long ago but imagine if they brought in a pg with Girard instead of sticking with Carey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It feels like so long ago but imagine if they brought in a pg with Girard instead of sticking with Carey

You're right. But that was two years after Carey. If not for Carey, Girard wouldn't have gotten a taste of PG as a freshman

I thought Torrence should've played more too

Joe and Buddy both needed to play at Syracuse but they really couldn't do it at the same time

Now we have starling and mintz who are also not complementary at all
Brycen Goodine was the same class, and he was brought in as another SG, which doesn't make sense when you brought in JG and already had Buddy penciled in for 35 mins a game. Carey lasted 1 game and maybe 8 mins of the 2nd as a starter before being benched by JG. If Carey was on such a short leash why didn't they recruit an actual PG or try for a transfer the prior off-season, unless the staff really thought JG could become a PG, weird way to utilize NYS all time leading scorer. Just a mess of parts that didn't fit.

Brycen Goodine was the same class, and he was brought in as another SG, which doesn't make sense when you brought in JG and already had Buddy penciled in for 35 mins a game. Carey lasted 1 game and maybe 8 mins of the 2nd as a starter before being benched by JG. If Carey was on such a short leash why didn't they recruit an actual PG or try for a transfer the prior off-season, unless the staff really thought JG could become a PG, weird way to utilize NYS all time leading scorer. Just a mess of parts that didn't fit.
Goodine was an early commit (committed right before his Jr year i think). They tried turning him into a pg early on in his freshman year until that failed and JG3 took over out of necessity.

Goodine was an early commit (committed right before his Jr year i think). They tried turning him into a pg early on in his freshman year until that failed and JG3 took over out of necessity.
Again not recruiting natural PGs, trying to manufacture them. One of the reasons for the decline.

People hated the zone because they think it's not manly or whatever but I hated it because of how much the required attributes for a good zone constrained our offense
The zone was incredibly manly when we had the right personnel for it, like during the 2013 Final Four run. But similar to the 46 defense in football, offenses have adjusted and it’s just not as effective as it once was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom