It happened again! High/Low post pass... | Syracusefan.com

It happened again! High/Low post pass...

...from the top of the key to a player with position in the post for a bucket.

44cuse

For our team? I missed a decent amount searching for streams with less lag due to posting/reading in the game thread, which also messed with my focus a bit.

I defintely saw our opponent do that, and posted I wish we would. Who did it for us?

For our team? I missed a decent amount searching for streams with less lag due to posting/reading in the game thread, which also messed with my focus a bit.

I defintely saw our opponent do that, and posted I wish we would. Who did it for us?

Marek to OB from the top of the key. It was a thing of beauty seeing a defender pinned on one of our bigs backs AND see the player make the pass. Earlier in the year the other post entry pass we saw was Boeheim on a one hand pass off the dribble so this was actually much better.

I swear it happened. It was like watching another team. ;)

44cuse

I haven't seen any mention of Frank posting up a shorter defender. He ended up getting the ball a little too far from the basket and forced a shot but seeing a guard post up was rare!

I haven't seen any mention of Frank posting up a shorter defender. He ended up getting the ball a little too far from the basket and forced a shot but seeing a guard post up was rare!

Really, really rare. But great to see. What bugs me about the offense is usually different than what bugs others (maybe not entirely). But I know we can isolate OB and get him in the post and I know Frank is big enough to take some guards down there...we just don't do it. Drives me nuts because it opens up so much else.

44cuse

Marek to OB from the top of the key. It was a thing of beauty seeing a defender pinned on one of our bigs backs AND see the player make the pass. Earlier in the year the other post entry pass we saw was Boeheim on a one hand pass off the dribble so this was actually much better.

I swear it happened. It was like watching another team. ;)

44cuse

Remember when we used to constantly run that set with Rick and AO?

I enjoyed this thread and was looking for something to make me smile at the moment. You guys are all close to my heart on this. It would be sweet to see JB/this team capitalize on mismatches, as well as to put Marek's passing to more use. Having him clear his guy out of the post(vs non-zone team's, as opposed to GA Tech) certainly seems like it could help with scoring around the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom