It is fun imagining having JGrant this year | Syracusefan.com

It is fun imagining having JGrant this year

Still think he should have stayed - but good on him for doing so well thus far for the Sixers.

I'm just amazed at this three point shooting. He showed a little evidence he could make the college three his freshman year, and his hard work has really paid off to develop that shot even more.

Still think he should have stayed - but good on him for doing so well thus far for the Sixers.
He apparently shouldn't have stayed. He's playing, and playing pretty damn well at times, in the NBA. And I'd bet he's only gonna get better. He certainly looked like he belonged in The Association tonight against some pretty fair pros (LeBron, Love, Mozgov, Kyrie, et al).

He apparently shouldn't have stayed. He's playing, and playing pretty damn well at times, in the NBA. And I'd bet he's only gonna get better. He certainly looked like he belonged in The Association tonight against some pretty fair pros (LeBron, Love, Mozgov, Kyrie, et al).

I agree - he belongs.

Just think the risk/reward wasn't in his favor.

He stays he jumps way up in the draft (IMO).

He gets drafted by any team other than the Sixers...who knows where he is now. Probably the D-League though.

All just guesswork though from me. Maybe if he stays he tears his ACL.

Not a chance he'd be hoisting 5 threes in a game for us.

I think his NBA 3 point shooting is over 40% now. Philly wants to see what they have so they're giving their players long leashes to see what's possible.

The last two games: 11 shots from the field, 31 points.

I thought he could only improve if he stayed another year. This can't be right.
I would hope Coach Boeheim at the very least would send Jerami a text, email, post card, something to tell him how proud he is of him or something nice like that. He certainly didn't hesitate to take shots at him when he left. Granted, Jerami's getting pt 'cause of the lowly team he's on, but the young man I saw last night going head-to-head at times against LeBron looked like a young man who has a future in the league.

Fireball Jr. said:
I would hope Coach Boeheim at the very least would send Jerami a text, email, post card, something to tell him how proud he is of him or something nice like that. He certainly didn't hesitate to take shots at him when he left. Granted, Jerami's getting pt 'cause of the lowly team he's on, but the young man I saw last night going head-to-head at times against LeBron looked like a young man who has a future in the league. YouTube Video

Impressive highlights. He looks like he belongs big time, bad team or not.

GoHamSU said:
If he shot a 3 at SU Boeheim would bench him :eek: But seriously...good for him.

I'm not going to jump on this and run and bash JB but it seemed like Kaleb was more than capable of hitting a three in the beginning of the year then he was benched after hitting one and it was reiterated that he shouldn't be taking threes. The man is a legend and knows basketball but it just seemed weird at least to me that that situation happened with Kaleb but you don't really hear anything about Buss jacking them up at Shaqesqe three pt %.

Grant should have stayed, and any numbers he puts up on a team that wants to lose will not mean much when his next contract comes around. I think this will be his only one. The next one will be in Europe.

Grant should have stayed, and any numbers he puts up on a team that wants to lose will not mean much when his next contract comes around. I think this will be his only one. The next one will be in Europe.
Is that you, JB?

Our little baby all grows up
anigif_enhanced-buzz-6225-1377215761-0.gif

Just stop this nonsense. From your post I take it you don't watch much NBA action, since Philly is playing a lot better recently and Grant's been one of the reasons why. He's obviously working very hard on his game and if you look around the NBA, our elite program is lacking in terms of pro players, so it would benefit us to have another alum take off and excel at that level.

I thought he could only improve if he stayed another year. This can't be right.

Financially big time. He also plays for the Sixers so there is that.

Financially big time. He also plays for the Sixers so there is that.

You don't know that, he could have stayed, gotten drafted late lottery by a team and still sent to the D-league and never got a second contract. I don't know, you don't know what would have or could have happened but at this point in time he is making it look like his decision was the right one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom