It seems like our Yankee stadium sign was removed and replaced by... | Syracusefan.com

It seems like our Yankee stadium sign was removed and replaced by...

I always thought that the advertising campaign in the city was a joke. :confused:

I always liked seeing the sign during games and on highlights. I just wish it was down the right field line where there were more home runs.

Obviously Cuse elected to not renew.

I liked it...but maybe they wanted to put their marketing $$$ elsewhere.

Obviously Cuse elected to not renew.

I liked it...but maybe they wanted to put their marketing $$$ elsewhere.

brewsters03.jpg

Sinage in Yankee stadium is not a hand me down.

I'm very disappointed to hear that we are out and double disappointed that Rutgers is in.

That's a bad job by Coyle's Department

When they start bathing iconic NYC buildings in red and black lights I will pay attention.

Dino Babers will do a helluva lot more to increase football attendance than the sign in Yankee Stadium ever did.
Winning always has the biggest impact but that does not mean other tactics are worthless. In fact, the more awareness, the more that winning will bring in people from farther out than CNY.

Hmmm well that actually has already happened...

It's happened twice. Both times when they played Louisville. They won the first (2006) but lost the second (2012).

I think RU has the building lights lead. AFAIK, we've been on half of the ESB (with Kansas State) and now, recently, the Freedom Tower. Any more?

Sucks to lose the Yankees sign, but knowing the Yankees they probably tried to get a bidding war between us and RU. . I liked the Yankees and cab signs, but part of marketing is changing things up. Hopefully they have some new ideas.

I think RU has the building lights lead. AFAIK, we've been on half of the ESB (with Kansas State) and now, recently, the Freedom Tower. Any more?

Sucks to lose the Yankees sign, but knowing the Yankees they probably tried to get a bidding war between us and RU. . I liked the Yankees and cab signs, but part of marketing is changing things up. Hopefully they have some new ideas.

Also when we won the championship in 2003, the Final Four in 2013, and I believe the Pinstripe Bowl in 2012 as well. So, off the top of my head, I doubt that they have the lead, assuming that this is being made out to be some sort of competition.

I doubt we had a good ROI for that advertisement. Even if it was worth the impacts visually, I doubt it led to ST revenue or helped the athletic department that much.