It seems like our Yankee stadium sign was removed and replaced by... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It seems like our Yankee stadium sign was removed and replaced by...

In related news, Rutgers announced it will now wear grey uniforms with hints of Orange and illegible numbers.

The Yankees have become mediocre anyway, lets get a deal done with the Mets.

Briancuse said:

The Yankees are slowly rebuilding and still making the playoffs...

This is their youngest roster on opening day since 96 and that includes Beltran and Arod.

The Yankees are slowly rebuilding and still making the playoffs...

This is their youngest roster on opening day since 96 and that includes Beltran and Arod.

Very slowly rebuilding, they have major question marks in their rotation and lineup.

Briancuse said:
Very slowly rebuilding, they have major question marks in their rotation and lineup.

They sure do. They have potential as well. Health is obviously the key as well as. Once Chapman comes back the pen will be unbelievable.

They have a ton of money coming of the books the next two offseasons as well so the rumors of Bryce and Harvey will start getting louder

They sure do. They have potential as well. Health is obviously the key as well as. Once Chapman comes back the pen will be unbelievable.

They have a ton of money coming of the books the next two offseasons as well so the rumors of Bryce and Harvey will start getting louder

I really hope Harvey is a met for life.

I doubt we had a good ROI for that advertisement. Even if it was worth the impacts visually, I doubt it led to ST revenue or helped the athletic department that much.
It may have helped seal the deal to get SU in the ACC.
Time to move on...

It may have helped seal the deal to get SU in the ACC.
Time to move on...
Move on from the sign?

If you mean move on from the previous admin, I was a supporter of Dr. Gross and I liked the "NY's College Team" branding. I just don't think Yankee Stadium was a worthy use of advertising dollars.

Move on from the sign?
Yes.

I didn't mind the sign, but I suspect that until the athletic budget has been rebalanced for a few years that there may not be as many splashy items. The new staff may have some other ideas... let's give it a year, or two, and see. I believe, that for football at least, that the focus will be on winning. If Dino wants an extra staff member, or two, then I'm willing to forfeit the Yankee Stadium sign.

Yes.

I didn't mind the sign, but I suspect that until the athletic budget has been rebalanced for a few years that there may not be as many splashy items. The new staff may have some other ideas... let's give it a year, or two, and see. I believe, that for football at least, that the focus will be on winning. If Dino wants an extra staff member, or two, then I'm willing to forfeit the Yankee Stadium sign.
I bet the sign can pay for a nutritionist or another hand or two in the HS relations office. Definitely advent using money to directly impact wins with the program. Winning means more return on investment. Signs at Yankee stadium are true bank shots in "winning," football games. Direct investment is the key.

Outside of that, I would like strong investment for advertising dollars to go to CNY first. Those are the fans most likely to fill the dome on Saturday. Any windfall of money, bowl payouts/FF runs, etc., can be spent on university branding as a whole, which makes sense to do in major regional cities like NYC, Philly, Boston.

Can anyone identify our return on investment for the New York's College Team campaign? Just curious. :confused:

Two numbers for ya: 27 and 40...

mic-drop.gif

bnoro said:
Living in the past, like all Yankees fans. Soulless stadium, average team.

There's a reason people go out of their way to hate the Yankees.

And it's not because their fans live in the past.

Living in the past, like all Yankees fans. Soulless stadium, average team.

Ok...well let's talk about the present...4-2...2nd place in the AL East...better record than the red sux and mets...