Italy Game #1 (SU 69-59) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Italy Game #1 (SU 69-59)

Most impressed by Sidibe and Goodine as far as expectations. IMO Guerrier will probably start over Marek and Marek will back up the 4 and 5. Edwards has a ways to go.

Hopefully JAB is ready for some backup minutes at the 5, Edwards sounds like a RS candidate or someone who will only play out of desperation (for this season).

First impressions, I like the young guys a lot. Goodine may have been the most impressive, but QG is a specimen. Goodine is a good shooter. Girard made mistakes, but you can just tell that his shooting and knack for scoring will translate. He also made a few very nice passes. So yeah, new guys get a thumbs up from me.

Buddy and Elijah are going to catch nets on fire this year. We have soooooo many shooters.

I also think QG will more than replace OB. He is aggressive and also looks to understand that he is a forward first, capable of hitting the outside shot when open.

Another huge thing is that Sid looks much quicker, from this small sample size.

Overall, if we can rebound and defend the paint, this team has a chance to be dangerous. There is too much offensive power here for us to struggle offensively like we have recently.

Elijah Hughes with 18 points. Brycen Goodine with 11. Guerrier with 9 points and 7 boards. Boeheim with 11 points.
If we wanna score 70+ a game we need to expect similar stat lines to that

15 assists to 20 turnovers is rough. But Sidibe and QG had 0 assists and 8 turnovers combined

Ya that number should go down, once the rust is knocked off especially from Guerrier. Sidibe has had some issues with the ball before but I am encouraged that he looked like a different player out there today.

That is true of this game, but this game is a scrimmage where nobody is playing D.

Carey is by FAR our most athletic guard, and long term I think we are going to need that athleticism to succeed. He's the most important player on the team.
He may be our most athletic guard but he is still sluggish with his play. Hopefully something changes for him by the start of the season.

From what I saw Quincy is already better than Oshae and it isn't close.

How can you say that after 1 exhibition? I like Quincy a lot and also think he will be better than OB. But OB's first scrimmage freshman season he had 17 pts, 11 rebs and made a couple 3's and everyone thought he was the greatest.

How can you say that after 1 exhibition? I like Quincy a lot and also think he will be better than OB. But OB's first scrimmage freshman season he had 17 pts, 11 rebs and made a couple 3's and everyone thought he was the greatest.

I think you replied to me in error, I wasn't talking about Quincy.