Italy in August? | Syracusefan.com

Italy in August?

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Sounds like JB announced the Italy exhibition tour last night. We heard rumors about it last fall, and the girlfriend and I were super interested. Now that we are into spring and our work calendars are starting to fill up, it might be a little tough to pull off.

Is there any actual information out on this yet? Dates, locations, costs?

Italy in August?
tumblr_ngssl4Doox1r9a32bo1_1280.jpg

Sounds like JB announced the Italy exhibition tour last night. We heard rumors about it last fall, and the girlfriend and I were super interested. Now that we are into spring and our work calendars are starting to fill up, it might be a little tough to pull off.

Is there any actual information out on this yet? Dates, locations, costs?

Call Mario Perillo. ;)

Wow awesome. Wonder what level of competition we will play (particularly if we are breaking in a brand new team.) August will be a tough month to travel there though in terms of cost since all the Europeans are on vacation then June would be much better.

I will be in sicily the first half of August. I've been to the mainland several times and can offer travel tips if anyone is planning on going.

They get to enjoy the wonders of high-speed rail via the Frecciarosa.

I've been to Italy in July. My daughter has been in Italy 3 or 4 times, usually in July. It is Hot as Hades -- 40 degrees Celcius when I was there and last couple times my daughter was there. In NYS August is usually hotter than July. Maybe Italy starts chilling out sooner? Hope so. But WTH, those kids are young. JB might want to watch his fluid intake, however.

Italy and Syracuse basketball? Bravo.

We need to make this happen. It’s already March! Hopefully SU will announce a package soon.

“Italy’s finest restaurants? Might as well just go to Armory Square.” -JB

I've been to Italy in July. My daughter has been in Italy 3 or 4 times, usually in July. It is Hot as Hades -- 40 degrees Celcius when I was there and last couple times my daughter was there. In NYS August is usually hotter than July. Maybe Italy starts chilling out sooner? Hope so. But WTH, those kids are young. JB might want to watch his fluid intake, however.

People in Italy take off the entire month because it is too hot.

People in Italy take off the entire month because it is too hot.

No. August is the summer vacation period. Usually starting the 15th of August for Ferragosto, the celebration of the Assumption of Mary, running until the beginning of September.

No. August is the summer vacation period. Usually starting the 15th of August for Ferragosto, the celebration of the Assumption of Mary, running until the beginning of September.
You are wise. That PC itinerary includes a stop in Florence. I would think the SU trip will almost surely stop there as well. SU has had a study abroad program there for 60 years. There should be people there that can make a stop in that area fun and educational.

Florence | SU Abroad

Reactions: cto