It's a small thing, but the Gill drop | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It's a small thing, but the Gill drop

He played at 175. Bottom line is the kids got potential.

All for it. Fingers crossed, for sure. Not arguing he can't get better or gain weight.

But I feel there is a lot of magical thinking that I'm guilty of myself, first to admit it.

If we need all of our WRs, for example, to get better and/or be more consistent, that's a bad sign. That type of hit rate just doesn't happen.

I've defended Shrader, but I can say the same about our QB room including him -- if, if, if. (if he's healthy, if he can just put the ball placement a bit better, etc).

Not trying to rain on your parade, the hope part of this is why we're fans. Hopefully we see some growth in the last 5 and get to 7 or 8 wins.

As we saw in the Miami/UNC game, any WR - at any weight - that can get separation can catch a (properly thrown) deep ball and stretch the D. It's the possession throws that require strength and desire. We desperately need a WR-upgrade.

We can offer a really good portal QB a starting role with a AA WR, stud RB should get someone really good….we need someone proven even if at a FBS level

Whats the likelihood that OG is coming back? Legitimate question.

Whats the likelihood that OG is coming back? Legitimate question.
Might be too soon to know.

If his recovery is going well, he might enter the draft. I don't know how well that will go for him though.

If it's not going well, there would be a lot more security sticking around. I'm sure he'd get solid NIL, and if it takes him a year to really get right, we'd give that to him. Not sure he gets a lot of patience if he moves to another school and isn't fully kicking right away.

Might be too soon to know.

If his recovery is going well, he might enter the draft. I don't know how well that will go for him though.

If it's not going well, there would be a lot more security sticking around. I'm sure he'd get solid NIL, and if it takes him a year to really get right, we'd give that to him. Not sure he gets a lot of patience if he moves to another school and isn't fully kicking right away.
My gut says he comes back because no NFL team is going to take him that high based on one season of good film and a somewhat serious foot injury that needs 12 months of rehab.

My gut says he comes back because no NFL team is going to take him that high based on one season of good film and a somewhat serious foot injury that needs 12 months of rehab.
The missing part of that equation is who would be throwing to him next year. If we have nobody proven signed and/or he doesn't mesh with the new coaching staff (should that occur), that may tip him towards rolling the dice in the draft... and honestly who could blame him for that?

The missing part of that equation is who would be throwing to him next year. If we have nobody proven signed and/or he doesn't mesh with the new coaching staff (should that occur), that may tip him towards rolling the dice in the draft... and honestly who could blame him for that?
Completely agree.