It's actually a good thing when you have a lead | Syracusefan.com

It's actually a good thing when you have a lead

GoSU96

Living Legend
but 10-5 in fouls going into the last 10 seconds?

4 foul shots to 27?

Come on.

When all you do is shoot jump shots the entire 2nd half and not attack the rim ...you don't draw any fouls and get to the line. Is that so hard to understand.

We settled for jumpers and didnt attack the rim. I dont have a problem with the disparity. What I have a problem with this team. At one point in the second half we are up 10 and had four straight possessions with 0 pts. Thank God we were playing Maryland. But this team does not know what to do with the lead. How many open shots were missed. I am happy with the win, but we let these crap teams back in by not stomping on their neck. Its frustrating and predictable.

Jumpers all game. I felt like it was 40-30 for an eternity. Stuck on 40 points for an embarrassing amount of time. Couldn't get anything going besides iso ball which brings me to Rak. We cannot have bad Rak moving forward. We just can't. No post presence or ability to throw it in there is playing with fire. Very lucky to escape tonight. I suspect not having Grant 2H was to preserve him for Sat. Still though, having some post scoring is paramount. LGO.

Jumpers all game. Why is this so hard to understand?

We settled for jumpers and didnt attack the rim. I dont have a problem with the disparity. What I have a problem with this team. At one point in the second half we are up 10 and had four straight possessions with 0 pts. Thank God we were playing Maryland. But this team does not know what to do with the lead. How many open shots were missed. I am happy with the win, but we let these crap teams back in by not stomping on their neck. Its frustrating and predictable.

They attacked the rim but it was 1-on-1 stuff. Ennis bailed them out sometimes but they also missed and got rejected on drives. Tunnel vision yet again on those drives. Very ugly but relieved to escape.

I said it in the game thread, if Maryland goes 5 minutes without a TO we are in trouble.

Guess what, no TOs the last 5 minutes, and we got into trouble.

Fair and Grant are excellent at getting to the basket, but Grant didn't really play and Fair was content to shoot jumpers while in foul trouble. That's pretty much the difference.

When CJ and Christmas have four fouls, and Grant only plays 13 minutes, it isn't that difficult to understand why we took jumpers.

Maryland had one loss at home before tonight
Theyre a crap team. We are head and shoulders above this team yet let them back in because of our own ineptitude. It's like the BC game when we were up 13..

We shot a lot of jumpers but it doesn't change the fact that nearly every time they drove to the basket they got the call and when we drove we didn't

We shot a lot of jumpers but it doesn't change the fact that nearly every time they drove to the basket they got the call and when we drove we didn't

They were taking it strong. We had guys driving into tough shots or extras defenders. Same old.

When all you do is shoot jump shots the entire 2nd half and not attack the rim ...you don't draw any fouls and get to the line. Is that so hard to understand.

They weren't just shooting jump shots in the first half so that doesn't explain the disparity in foul shots.

Theyre a crap team. We are head and shoulders above this team yet let them back in because of our own ineptitude. It's like the BC game when we were up 13..
They just lost at Duke by 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom