It's all about Robey now | Syracusefan.com

It's all about Robey now

GooseMutt

All Conference
He is the missing piece. He performs and we are very competitive. The other starters have identified their roles and are gelling. Robey makes us or breaks us now! He absolutely has to take his man into the paint whether he succeeds or fails but trys. He also has to take the 8 footers. Coach needs to encourage him to do it imo. Teammates see him with ball get ready to crash boards. It's a must. Four threats on offense gives the defense such an advantage/edge. Go Robey. I'm a believer!

He is the missing piece. He performs and we are very competitive. The other starters have identified their roles and are gelling. Robey makes us or breaks us now! He absolutely has to take his man into the paint whether he succeeds or fails but trys. He also has to take the 8 footers. Coach needs to encourage him to do it imo. Teammates see him with ball get ready to crash boards. It's a must. Four threats on offense gives the defense such an advantage/edge. Go Robey. I'm a believer!
Sorry about mis- spelling

Imo the point guard position was the missing piece in the first half of the season. That seems to be stabilized now. Maybe even a strength . The weak spot now may be the rotation between TR and TT. One of them if not both need to step up on a more consistent basis...

Our rotation is still awful at times.. Even White who had 2-3 good recoveries , you forget the reason for that was he was so out of position to start with.. One of the fast breaks NC st Scored on last night we had 2 guys back and they still forgot to cover the deepest player. We play way too much recover defense and not enough anticipation defense.

Listen, I love me some Robey, but he was fairly atrocious last night. We won in spite of him.

By the way, the funniest play last night was when Robey tried going for an offensive board by going around that 350 pound dude. That was hysterical.

Our rotation is still awful at times.. Even White who had 2-3 good recoveries , you forget the reason for that was he was so out of position to start with.. One of the fast breaks NC st Scored on last night we had 2 guys back and they still forgot to cover the deepest player. We play way too much recover defense and not enough anticipation defense.

One of those was totally on Lydon. TT was playing center at that point and was thrown a ball too deep and got blocked and it turned into a runout with TT trailing everyone else down the court. Instead of covering the middle, where a man was heading, Lydon stayed over on his wing/forward position. No communication whatsoever.

Listen, I love me some Robey, but he was fairly atrocious last night. We won in spite of him.

Not sure what was his problem last night. No FGs, no 3PTs, and no FTs in 22 mins of play. In fact, no points at all and 2 TOs. Only contribution - 3 RBs.

Not sure what was his problem last night. No FGs, no 3PTs, and no FTs in 22 mins of play. In fact, no points at all and 2 TOs. Only contribution - 3 RBs.

Well, as mentioned elsewhere, Gillon and White made a whole lot of shots, so getting offensive rebounds wasn't exactly an option for him. Or as much as it usually is. But yeah, his defense was bad, didn't get back quickly, didn't have much intensity. And for the love of God, can someone please teach him to not move his feet before he drives?

No. Robey's job is to rebound and play defense. Anytime he takes a 8 footer, the other team says thank you. Why? Because it means that the 4 guys out there for us that can make a shot aren't taking it.

Roberson can have an off night IF Thompson is playing reasonably well as he did last night. 8 points on 3-6 shooting. 4 rebounds. Certainly not a great performance but okay for him. He is not a priority option on offense. As usual, defense was not very good. I did notice last night that we can't have Roberson and Howard on the court at the same time since that leaves us with only 3 scoring options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom