It's Christmas Time | Syracusefan.com

It's Christmas Time

cap2nine

Scout Team
I know the title, play on Rak's name, is cliche but today is literally a monumental opportunity for him to shine. He has been by far the biggest disappointment on the team this year and we're incredibly fortunate that Baye has picked-up his slack. Around this time last year, and even couple times during the 2011-12 season, Rak held his own at the 5, in Melo's absence. Aside from a handful of moments earlier this season he has shown no offensive growth and his rebounding has been decent, not great or even excellent but decent. I would even argue that he played the 5 spot better last year, out of necessity, than he has this year when hard work and experience are supposed to be paying off. Maybe it's just the perspective of being overshadowed by BMK's defensive improvement. Maybe last year he was only told to adhere to a few basics of the position and his solid performance with simplistic responsibilities has crumbled as more complexity has been added and asked of him. Or, perhaps it's unfair to have high expectations of a man that was recruited to be a PF but has been required to play Center. Whatever the reason for his underachieving season, the stage is set and the time is now. If Christmas plays a very good game (not even a great game) and has a solid 20 - 25 minutes helping to limit Gardner, making life difficult for MU in the paint and pulling down the tough rebounds, then we will win going away and his sophomore struggles will immediately begin to fade.

This is your time, your big chance Rak... go out and TAKE it!!!

i think rak steps up big a lot like the k- st game . All we need is one big game from him and I think he will come through.

My X-factor is Trevor Cooney.
I see Marquette copying the UL script of pressuring MCW with multiple defenders, and pressing full-court should they fall behind. We need Trevor as a relief pitcher to give MCW/BT a blow, plus to help in rebounding and hitting a timely trey as needed.
If we get the "GTown-killer" Trevor who gets us 6-10 unexpected pts off the bench, we win in a walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom