It's hard to argue with | Syracusefan.com

It's hard to argue with

SWC75

Bored Historian
Here's a thread from the Quora Digest that has some things to say about Carmelo Anthony:

I find it hard to argue with the four posts. Maybe somebody else wants to take a whack at it.

Here's a thread from the Quora Digest that has some things to say about Carmelo Anthony:

I find it hard to argue with the four posts. Maybe somebody else wants to take a whack at it.

3 of them are a joke and they haven’t listened to melo lately about what he sees his role as.

Vince Carter is an enormous anomaly. Pretty sure LeBron is the only guy in the league from Melo’s draft class.

It’s made to seem like a knock on Melo that he has trouble taking a back up roll, I think when you perform at a certain level year offer year, take in all the talk, you believe what has been evident for a long time, I’m the best and should start and be the focal point. I would suspect it would be very hard to change that perspective, would Jordan be able to do it, Kobe, Lebron. I don’t think so. That he is even open to it is pretty good. He’s been a star, maybe his d is limited, but undeniably he’s been one of the best his whole career.

Vince Carter is an anomaly and he is very good, I would take nothing away from him. Maybe it’s just in his physical makeup. People playing that lions in any sport at a high level is very rare. It really has more to with Vince, and nothing to do with Carmelo.

When people say that the people commenting on Melo don't know what they're talking about, it's true most of the time. I don't think anyone can say that accurately about Billups. A former teammate that played in the league a long time and won a championship has to be taken seriously.

I think what we're seeing on a grander scale is a higher percentage of really talented players that either don't know how to play the game correctly despite having great physical tools and amazing individual skillsets or they don't want to because they gotta get theirs. And I think you can point to the childhood celebrity status these guys get when they are young in AAU ball. They become bigger than the team and coach while they're in high school, or before, and never have to answer to anyone. Lack of accountability is bad for anyone and it's magnified when it's a kid.