It's Official: Premier Lacrosse League Announces Formation for 2019 Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It's Official: Premier Lacrosse League Announces Formation for 2019 Season

Dom reminds me of Walter White at the beginning of season 5.

7e846136-8a4d-4a5b-80b2-6daacffed715.jpg

I just can’t get excited about this. The whole league is predicated on barnstorming. Who am I supposed to root for?

Every spectator has their viewing preference. Mine is D1 Lax by far , every watch of a competitive D1 matchup is enjoyable . Just different and more interesting to me than the high level pros that are somewhat cookie cutter. Problablythe imperfections and different styles of the college game so hoping that the new shot clock does not change the college game much in the latter regard.

Not sure PLL changes much for me but likely slots between the NLL and MLL

Rosters Announced -

Redwoods - Sergio Salcido, Jojo Marasco
Whipsnakes - None
Atlas - Steven Brooks
Chaos - Austin Staats :(, Jeremy Thompson
Chrome - Jovan Miller, Brandon Mullins, John Lade, Joel White, John Galloway
Archers - Kevin Rice

Guess it looks like we are Chrome fans. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Midfielder Sergio Salcido (Redwoods) will represent the Orange in the inaugural PLL All-Star Game, while veteran midfielder Matt Abbott (Chesapeake) who is in his 11th season in the league, midfielder Brendan Bomberry (Chesapeake), midfielder Nick Mariano (Chesapeake), and attackman Randy Staats (Atlanta), will play in the MLL All-Star Game.

Faceoffs were eliminated in the second quarter, with goalies kickstarting restarts in a similar fashion to basketball. In the third quarter, the ball was dropped by the referees to mimic a hockey-style draw.

Thought this was an interesting experiment. The faceoff and possession has a big impact on the game (our loss to Duke in the title game) and I think it is interesting that the PLL is willing to think outside of the box. The response I saw on Twitter was mostly negative (what a shock...negativity on social media). Change is never easy but I think that the game might need to think about the faceoff moving forward and what better way to test the waters than in an exhibition game.

Did anyone here have any thoughts on the changes that were implemented??

Faceoffs were eliminated in the second quarter, with goalies kickstarting restarts in a similar fashion to basketball. In the third quarter, the ball was dropped by the referees to mimic a hockey-style draw.

Thought this was an interesting experiment. The faceoff and possession has a big impact on the game (our loss to Duke in the title game) and I think it is interesting that the PLL is willing to think outside of the box. The response I saw on Twitter was mostly negative (what a shock...negativity on social media). Change is never easy but I think that the game might need to think about the faceoff moving forward and what better way to test the waters than in an exhibition game.

Did anyone here have any thoughts on the changes that were implemented??
Personally I'm a fan of the faceoff even though a single player can takeover the game. It's always interesting to me how coaches prepare for a guy they know they can't beat. Danowski did a great job making half time changes against Denver when they had Baptiste.

As for the PLL experiments I thought they were interesting. The goalies kickstarting similar to basketball was too slow. Too much time between a goal being scored and the goalie clearing the ball. Had the goalie been able to clear immediately then it would've created a much faster game, created a many more mismaches offensive players would've been stuck in defensive transition, and a few more goals.

The hockey style faceoff was fun to watch although Baptiste still dominated.

I love what the PLL is doing. My favorite change is the 10 yd shorter field.