It's official. We'll have a 30 second shot clock! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It's official. We'll have a 30 second shot clock!

I can't agree with this post more.
i think moqui is onto something. the dregs who want to make the game suck because they suck needed to be thrown a bone after the shotclock changed.

As I read all of the proposed rule changes I'm thinking the NCAA finally gets it. They need to do something to address the rock fights and complete lack of flow of the game.

Then I see the proposal to add a 6th foul. I have to scratch my head and wonder, how does that fit in with anything they are trying to accomplish?

As I read all of the proposed rule changes I'm thinking the NCAA finally gets it. They need to do something to address the rock fights and complete lack of flow of the game.

Then I see the proposal to add a 6th foul. I have to scratch my head and wonder, how does that fit in with anything they are trying to accomplish?[
We tried 6 fouls and it didn't work. It doesn't stop physical play, although it keeps the bigs in longer -- they're usually the first to go. The answer to this, of course, is not to add a foul. It's to stop letting guards drive the length of the court, bang into a big at the other end .. and have the big called for a foul. It's gotten so bad that the bigs can literally back up with their hands in the air, and if the guard bangs into them -- it's a foul on the big. Ridiculous.

The Refs have no problem with this in the NBA .. they just look at who created the contact. But it remains a mystery at the college level. 'Nova has lived off of this for years.

We tried 6 fouls and it didn't work. It doesn't stop physical play, although it keeps the bigs in longer -- they're usually the first to go. The answer to this, of course, is not to add a foul. It's to stop letting guards drive the length of the court, bang into a big at the other end .. and have the big called for a foul. It's gotten so bad that the bigs can literally back up with their hands in the air, and if the guard bangs into them -- it's a foul on the big. Ridiculous.

The Refs have no problem with this in the NBA .. they just look at who created the contact. But it remains a mystery at the college level. 'Nova has lived off of this for years.

Yep in the NBA if the guard initiates and the Big has decent position its a play on more often than not.