It's official...we're in the ACC -Link | Syracusefan.com

It's official...we're in the ACC -Link

It may not be the richer conference (compared to the Big Ten), but I'm more comfortable competing with like sized / minded schools in the ACC. IMHO, this was a GREAT job by the administration and Daryl. The way we were hung out to dry in 2004 was the most painful experience ever. The fact that we got this done, quickly and quietly was almost as important as getting it done all together. Now lets add UCONN to the conference and I'll be completely satisfied. This seizmic shift was coming...so glad we have a chair.

WERE ALIVE, WOULD LIKE WEST VIRGINA AND UCONN IN. SU, PITT, MIAMI, BC. VTECH, ( NOW NOW ADD UCONN, WV) MOVE MD AND WE HAVE FORMER BE/ECAC NO PS BUT LIFE IS NOT PERFECT

Conference Call at 9:30am on SIRIUS/XM Ch 91

It may not be the richer conference (compared to the Big Ten), but I'm more comfortable competing with like sized / minded schools in the ACC. IMHO, this was a GREAT job by the administration and Daryl. The way we were hung out to dry in 2004 was the most painful experience ever. The fact that we got this done, quickly and quietly was almost as important as getting it done all together. Now lets add UCONN to the conference and I'll be completely satisfied. This seizmic shift was coming...so glad we have a chair.
well said jake. competing in an all-sports league with a good mix of private and public schools is ideal for SU.

It would seem that our ship has sailed off to the ACC. for most Orange fans this is not ideal; however, the university leadership did what they felt they needed to to secure our athletics a seat at the table for this division 1 national shake-up.

ACC ship sailed.jpg

Exactly. This is a great thing for the long term health and viability of SU athletics. Cantor and Gross should be applauded.

Adding UConn makes sense, despite the lawsuit issue. UConn brings alot to the ACC table: top 5 BB program, NYC/NE market, above average academics, geography with the other northern members, good facilities, competitive FB program, etc. Right now, the BE is imploding along with the B12. I hope WVU is the SEC's # 14 and they stop looking, lets say, at poaching VT. If they do, which IMO is remote now, the ACC should be proactively ready to add the Huskies. The remainder of the BE and
B12 need to strategically allign this week and buy some(temporary) BCS stability. I see more expansion by the EOM, if not as soon as next week. Strap in and hold on, the ride's just beginning, but we're now securely on the bus.

Ditto to all

Wonderful. I'm going to be able to see the Orange now more than once a year :)

thats great...good for you
Thank you, it's good tba to root for your team. My in-laws want to raise my boy on the Bama rivalry. Now, I have some ammunition.