It's pretty clear | Syracusefan.com

It's pretty clear

cuseguy

Living Legend
Hope I'm wrong.

But Marrone has one foot out the door, maybe two at this point for all I know.

Seems to me that Syracuse would have made an announcement by now that he was staying.

Seems to me that the Post-Standard would have dug up something on Doug with some merit by now.

It doesn't look good.

Hooray for gut feelings backed up by no evidence!

just awful posting (to paraphrase the OP).

No offense, but your post seemed like a flippant reaction based on nothing.

You don't think that Marrone and the university wouldn't want to paint a positive picture right away if Marrone was staying?

If Marrone is indeed staying, the university has done a poor job of relaying the message.

Word got out pretty quickly when Bill O'Brien said he was staying at Penn State.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

Hope I'm wrong.

Seems to me that Syracuse would have made an announcement by now that he was staying.

Seems to me that the Post-Standard would have dug up something on Doug with some merit by now.

It doesn't look good.

You need to create a twitter handle with no followers and post this as fact...

You don't think that Marrone and the university wouldn't want to paint a positive picture right away if Marrone was staying?

If Marrone is indeed staying, the university has done a poor job of relaying the message.

Word got out pretty quickly when Bill O'Brien said he was staying at Penn State.

Again, hope I'm wrong.
I have no clue whether he's staying or going but the university doesn't know either since he's still in the process of interviewing. So what should the university say?????

just awful posting (to paraphrase the OP).

No offense, but your post seemed like a flippant reaction based on nothing.

Marrone has a cell phone. Gross has a cell phone.

Apparently they're not taking calls from reporters.

If Marrone was staying, one of the two would gladly share the news.

It doesn't require a press conference.

I worked in the newspaper business for 20 years.

I have no clue whether he's staying or going but the university doesn't know either since he's still in the process of interviewing. So what should the university say?????

My point is the the AP reporter in Cleveland said he's staying at Syracuse. He didn't say he was still interviewing.

Two different stories.

Marrone has a cell phone. Gross has a cell phone.

Apparently they're not taking calls from reporters.

If Marrone was staying, one of the two would gladly share the news.

It doesn't require a press conference.

I worked in the newspaper business for 20 years.
Again, it's a fluid situation. He's had interviews and he'll have more. There is not news to report until the the process is over. Either he gets a job or he doesn't. If all the jobs are filled and he's not in one of them, then, yeah, I'd expect some sort of info.

My point is the the AP reporter in Cleveland said he's staying at Syracuse. He didn't say he was still interviewing.

Two different stories.
Okay, that makes more sense.

Didn't you just start a thread earlier called "Just awful reporting"?

For some reason I think this kind of falls into that thread. Maybe the threads should be merged.

Hope I'm wrong.

It doesn't look good.

I'm surprised you didn't name drop Uconn in there some how.

I think the statment "it seems pretty clear" is quite possibly the worst way to clarify this situation. nothing is clear there are conflicting stories everywhere.

Just awful reporting or just awful posts?

Do you think the reporting on this story has been accurate and well done?

When an AP reporter tweets that Marrone is returning to Syracuse (he still could, I assume) and then someone follows with a report that he's interviewing in Buffalo, that is awful reporting.

Do you think the reporting on this story has been accurate and well done?

When an AP reporter tweets that Marrone is returning to Syracuse (he still could, I assume) and then someone follows with a report that he's interviewing in Buffalo, that is awful reporting.

AP reporter tweeting that Marrone is returning to Syracuse "after not getting the Cleveland job" and another reporter tweeting that he's going to interview with Buffalo could both be true.

AP reporter tweeting that Marrone is returning to Syracuse "after not getting the Cleveland job" and another reporter tweeting that he's going to interview with Buffalo could both be true.
Doubtful. Most of the NFL parties are in Arizona. HCDM's next stop is Nashville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom