It's Sunday - let's step back | Syracusefan.com

It's Sunday - let's step back

Toga

Living Legend
So we just picked up five recruits. We got more official visits pending. Who do we have that's looking at us - do they have an OV scheduled? What positions are we most needing to fill at this point? How many slots do we have left (thinking maybe all commits are qualified)? What names are your priority guys as of now?

We have 7 recruits. I think we have 2 slots left. QB has to be one of them, doesn't it?

Even after this squall of commitments I think we still see 4-5 possible openings.

Holloway may not be around. Plus we may see a couple kids on roster currently look elsewhere.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/2016...shes-and-loaves-report-updated-1-24-16.89642/

84 out of 85 scholarships are currently spoken for.

There would have to be some more movement from current players or commits.

Holloway is a near done deal. That's one.

I would say there will be some tough discussions with Cam & Foster. Especially Foster.

Could see one or two others leave for whatever reason. Usually happens when there's a coaching change.

No inside info but I would say they would take 4-6 more commitments if they got them. Also accounting for grade issues for some recruits (potentially).

I would say there will be some tough discussions with Cam & Foster. Especially Foster.

Could see one or two others leave for whatever reason. Usually happens when there's a coaching change.

No inside info but I would say they would take 4-6 more commitments if they got them. Also accounting for grade issues for some recruits (potentially).

Holloway told a NJ paper yesterday that he was still committed to SU.

We have 7 recruits. I think we have 2 slots left. QB has to be one of them, doesn't it?
A greyshirt maybe possible?? for someone already committed...wouldn't surprise me if one of the kids scheduled for next week commits before his visit.

Assuming the program looks like it is reviving under Dino and the stadium issue is announced...I see a Top 25-30 class coming next year...

We'd take Foster for sure.

Not sure who Cam is?

I thought all scholarships were for four years now... or is that not retroactive.
Does the 4 year scholarship option count for walkons?

If so, there won't be any walkons getting scholarships unless it is their senior year.

Does the 4 year scholarship option count for walkons?

If so, there won't be any walkons getting scholarships unless it is their senior year.

I think a scholarship is a scholarship no matter to who it is given, to a blueshirt, greyshirt or walkon.

Foster is Donnie Foster. I was speaking of where other scholarships may come from.
Oh ok. Yeah I doubt the walkons who got scholarships last year end up keeping those.

Props to this staff on very good work with this class during a transitional year. It should be ranked in the 48-55 range by signing day.

I really think there were only two misses with this class, assuming no additional surprises. Would've liked to have seen a true #1 outside receiver added to this class. Devaughn Cooper would've been perfect but I think he sticks with Arizona. Butler is a nice consolation prize, has great potential but is very raw. Secondly, a #2 QB to pair with Culpepper. I liked Scott but wasn't sold on him at this level as a QB. Would've liked to have seen the staff go after someone like Sonny Abramson as a nice compliment to Culpepper.

I think the 2017 class will go hard after -

QB - 2
WR - 3
DT - 3

Oh ok. Yeah I doubt the walkons who got scholarships last year end up keeping those.
Are you sure those aren't for the full time of enrollment now they changed the rule that scholarships are for four years?

Are you sure those aren't for the full time of enrollment now they changed the rule that scholarships are for four years?
If so - that would fall under the laws of unintended consequences.

Do the rules for scholies vary from sport to sport? Because basketball is year to year and lacrosse is really screwy with fractions of scholies split for different players!

Do the rules for scholies vary from sport to sport? Because basketball is year to year and lacrosse is really screwy with fractions of scholies split for different players!
They changed the rule for football so scholarships are now for four years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom