It's time... | Syracusefan.com

It's time...

gbo

Resident Clemson Fan
I know no one wants to hear from me now but I'm officially off the Dino bandwagon. It pains me to say it but he has to go. He has made the wrong decision at the end of basically every loss this year. We couldn't stop the run yet he burns the timeout and forces a difficult kick.

I know you guys are mad because you were the better team and you deserve better than that. It's time to move on.

I know no one wants to hear from me now but I'm officially off the Dino bandwagon. It pains me to say it but he has to go. He has made the wrong decision at the end of basically every loss this year. We couldn't stop the run yet he burns the timeout and forces a difficult kick.

I know you guys are mad because you were the better team and you deserve better than that. It's time to move on.
You're right

People ripped me for saying when people on your board weren't worried because you have Dabo and we have Dino, and they knew he'd do something dumb, it's an issue.

Sad when other teams fans see it, our fans see it and apparently everyone under the sun except our AD sees it.

Thanks for your educated opinion. First quarter Tucker runs for 50 and yall are scramblin on defense...Dino calls timeout. My God run a dive for nothing, we have the advantage at that point. He is a pathetic in-game coach, and doesn't deserve to coach at SU anymore.

I don’t want to get rid of Dino because he’s put together a really solid team and coaching staff and we are more likely to hire another GRob or Shafer than another Marrone.

It does really bother me that he won’t address his biggest problem in game management. According to him he never makes any mistakes so it shouldn’t be surprising that he keeps losing games by making those mistakes. Basically I want to keep Dino as long as he swallows his pride and gets some help with managing a game.

You are correct. I actually appreciate the perspective of an opposing fan here. The apologists and victims in this fan base are starting to get chirpy.

I don’t want to get rid of Dino because he’s put together a really solid team and coaching staff and we are more likely to hire another GRob or Shafer than another Marrone.

It does really bother me that he won’t address his biggest problem in game management. According to him he never makes any mistakes so it shouldn’t be surprising that he keeps losing games by making those mistakes. Basically I want to keep Dino as long as he swallows his pride and gets some help with managing a game.
It’s very strange but he almost becomes a different coach as a half starts coming to an end or a close game is coming to an end.

Poor clock management, decisions that run counter to his philosophy (not going for it for 2 as a matter of fact, not going for it on 4th and 1), head scratchers like the penalty acceptance last week and lining up Szmyt on a field goal in basically the same spot he shanked against Wake.

It’s really bizarre but put me in the camp of being tired of being emotionally drained 3 weekends in a row. Bye week couldn’t come sooner.

I mean...ok that's cool. I would sign on for that too.

But...this guy won't even acknowledge a mistake on a play call. Do you think he's going to reinvent his whole philosophy?

I want to believe unicorns are real.

Someone in the game thread on reddit said they have never been more angry at a coach of a team they don’t root for. And they only saw ONE of our games this year. I want Dino as our coach but someone else has to manage the game.

Someone in the game thread on reddit said they have never been more angry at a coach of a team they don’t root for. And they only saw ONE of our games this year. I want Dino as our coach but someone else has to manage the game.
That is kind of absurd as it is the coaches job to manage the game. You want someone else to do his job and he still collects $4 million dollars a year?

That is kind of absurd as it is the coaches job to manage the game. You want someone else to do his job and he still collects $4 million dollars a year?
Seems like a lot of folks on this board are already doing it for free so …

Thanks for your educated opinion. First quarter Tucker runs for 50 and yall are scramblin on defense...Dino calls timeout. My God run a dive for nothing, we have the advantage at that point. He is a pathetic in-game coach, and doesn't deserve to coach at SU anymore.
Ok so of all the timeout faux pas this is the one that just killed me. Absolutely kills momentum and then calls a horrible one route pass play.

You are correct. I actually appreciate the perspective of an opposing fan here. The apologists and victims in this fan base are starting to get chirpy.

I said it last year and I'll say it again, there's a decent chunk of the fanbase that's going down with the Dino ship no matter what. Doesn't matter if this team loses out, guys bolt for the portal they want him back. The excuses have already started rolling in, it's the holders fault, teams better then last year (how the hell could it be worse), we're competitive, last year doesn't count, can't risk another G-Rob, we could be 6-1 etc etc.

BS

• Angry
Reactions: gbo

You stopped the run in the second half much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom