Itsbeen my observation re hitting that | Syracusefan.com

Itsbeen my observation re hitting that

CaliCuse

All American
I think its to a hitter's advantage to bathe same side of his "dominant hand. The dominant hand and arm are usually stronger than the assisting hand/arm. I look at great hitters like Pinella and Thurmond Munson who were very able to send the ball to the opposite field Even Don Mattingly was very able to drive the ball the other way. Derek Jeter is another HOF player who relied on this ability.Switch otters are less probable in this style. my experience in church leagues as a kid helped me in this respect. I considered myself a switchy I was a right hander that showed far more power as a lefty batter When I connected the ball would shoot out there. When batting righty I was able to go to right field by using the top hand which is the key to driving the ball to the opposite field. Its just an observation and experience. I also realized that the very first thing to go as I got older was my reflexes in getting a swing off on a fast ball from live pitchers or a batting cagenSpeed was never my strength so I played first base and suffered a few balls off my face in learning the art of scooping up low throws or infielders with weak arms.:bang::rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom