I've gotten so many PMs about my avatar... | Syracusefan.com

I've gotten so many PMs about my avatar...

cto

Administrator
... that I thought I would just answer the questions here. It is a real snowy owl. It is not a stuffed animal, and it is not a drawing. There is actually a fairly small owl inside that thick down coat. In order to be protected from Arctic cold, it has feathers on both its feet and its beak, and its ears are totally covered with feathers. I chose it as my avatar because I am fascinated by them. (Perhaps I should have said I chose him because he looks so wise and Buddha-like. But I did not think about that until later).

napoleon_s_liger.jpeg

It's pretty much my favorite animal.

... that I thought I would just answer the questions here. It is a real snowy owl. It is not a stuffed animal, and it is not a drawing. There is actually a fairly small owl inside that thick down coat. In order to be protected from Arctic cold, it has feathers on both its feet and its beak, and its ears are totally covered with feathers. I chose it as my avatar because I am fascinated by them. (Perhaps I should have said I chose him because he looks so wise and Buddha-like. But that had nothing to do with it).
after clubbing that baby seal we can eat that bird.

totally kidding, I'm an animal lover. Animal Planet is my jam.

Reactions: cto
after clubbing that baby seal we can eat that bird.

totally kidding, I'm an animal lover. Animal Planet is my jam.

You didn't learn from CTO's post, probably not enough bird there to eat, but might be enough feathers to make a nice pillow!!

Just kidding, by the way...Snowy Owl are cool (pun intended).

... that I thought I would just answer the questions here. It is a real snowy owl. It is not a stuffed animal, and it is not a drawing. There is actually a fairly small owl inside that thick down coat. In order to be protected from Arctic cold, it has feathers on both its feet and its beak, and its ears are totally covered with feathers. I chose it as my avatar because I am fascinated by them. (Perhaps I should have said I chose him because he looks so wise and Buddha-like. But that had nothing to do with it).
I told you before, it is a great picture but my feeling when I see him it is more "don't mess with me!" Looks like one tough bird. All those feathers make it look like the head is hunched down, wings flexed and it is steapping ofrward, ready to go at it.

that avatar is right before the "fly by night" cover was conceived...same species of owl

75_fly_by_night.jpg

Hey, I like that picture. It clearly depicts the feathered talons and beak.

... that I thought I would just answer the questions here. It is a real snowy owl. It is not a stuffed animal, and it is not a drawing. There is actually a fairly small owl inside that thick down coat. In order to be protected from Arctic cold, it has feathers on both its feet and its beak, and its ears are totally covered with feathers. I chose it as my avatar because I am fascinated by them. (Perhaps I should have said I chose him because he looks so wise and Buddha-like. But I did not think about that until later).

i get a lot of questions about mine too. the circle with the arrow means im awesome.

I wish I had a thick down coat to protect me from the Arctic cold. Lucky owl

ive gotten so many pm's about my avatar asking if i wanna make sexy time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom