I've never uttered these words in my life... | Syracusefan.com

I've never uttered these words in my life...

Eric15

Living Legend
But I don't have a choice this year... Go UConn. We desperately, I mean desperately need them and A&M to put together strong seasons.

Let's be realistic, "par" for the ACC season is probably .500. That puts us squarely on the bubble, if not just outside it. We just can't afford for either of our two big wins to become mediocre.

All I care about is getting to the tournament. The comparative Cuse vs. UConn obsession can take a back seat for me this year.

This is like Breaking Bad. We are Walt, and UConn is Tuco's uncle. They are our ally, by necessity.

Last edited:
yep. This is what I was saying last week before their Maryland game. Makes feel like I have to take a shower, but go ucon

But I don't have a choice this year... Go UConn. We desperately, I mean desperately need them and A&M to put together strong seasons.

Let's be realistic, "par" for the ACC season is probably .500. That puts us squarely on the bubble, if not just outside it. We just can't afford for either of our two big wins to become mediocre.

All I care about is getting to the tournament. The comparative Cuse vs. UConn obsession can take a back seat for me this year.

This is like Breaking Bad. We are Walt, and UConn is Tuco's uncle. They are our ally, by necessity.
wait, who's Gus - the NIT?

I feel like Gus would be the NCAA. And that methed out lady Wendy would be Laurie Fine.
Gus is Calipari., Mike is Tark (rip), Saul is Pitino, Jesse is Aaron Craft.

First off I highly doubt Georgetown will root for us this year.
As long as we win games it doesn't matter what UConn does. F rooting for them.

Win 10 ACC games and we'll be in. If not that's our fault.

So if we win 9 games, you're saying screw it and you're fine with the NIT?

I will cheer for St. John's, and hope they can get in the top 100 RPI, to avoid the dreaded bad loss classification.

We're going to need more than a win over UConn to make the tourney. At this point, we probably need to upset Carolina or Virginia.

We're going to need more than a win over UConn to make the tourney. At this point, we probably need to upset Carolina or Virginia.
but not Duke? or Louisville? or Miami? and the w over A&M doesn't count?

The bubble sucks. If we go 10-3 and 9-9 we will need a couple of NCAA tournament level team wins in the regular season.

If we go 10-8 we would get in with 1 ACC T win.

No need to root for UConn. It honestly shouldn't even be considered right now. We control our own destiny.

Fans of top tier programs shouldn't be obsessing in December about the performances of their OOC opponents.

We're going to need more than a win over UConn to make the tourney.

Agreed, I wasn't under the impression we could lose out from here and still make it.

It won't matter if we keep losing to teams like Wisconsin and St. John's. The committee won't care that we beat UConn on Thanksgiving if we end up 8-10 in the ACC.

It won't matter if we keep losing to teams like Wisconsin and St. John's. The committee won't care that we beat UConn on Thanksgiving if we end up 8-10 in the ACC.

There is 21 plus games left. The season doesn't end today. We aren't as good as Atlantis, but we aren't as bad as St. Johns either.

pearl31 said:
but not Duke? or Louisville? or Miami? and the w over A&M doesn't count?

Yup, those would work as well. Just need a few more quality wins.

But I doubt we're beating Duke at Duke.

There is 21 plus games left. The season doesn't end today. We aren't as good as Atlantis, but we aren't as bad as St. Johns either.
Yes, exactly. But the team needs to string together some wins as the margin for error has greatly diminished. Having these losses on the resume won't help if we can't win more than 8 or 9 in the ACC.

Fans of top tier programs shouldn't be obsessing in December about the performances of their OOC opponents.
well, welcome to our sanctions-joy world - and not showing up for Wiscy or SJ

Take care of our own business. Win 10 ACC games and we'll be in.

Since I started this thread, St. Johns lost to Incarnate Word and Georgetown lost to Monmouth and UNC-Asheville.

The idea that 10 conference wins guarantees a tourney bid for us is completely unrealistic. Our RPI right now is 78 -- we have major work to do.