I've said that this team / season reminds me of 2018, but I was wrong | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I've said that this team / season reminds me of 2018, but I was wrong

I am worried about the same thing. We lived it with Rutgers last year and we lived it with the SEC crew back when we lost to Tenn..
Definitely a valid concern, but it's up to the boys to make it beyond the BS officiating. Makes it harder, but I think they are up to the task.

They have an NFL QB, a very good coach and have big, fast guys all over their roster. They are a very strong Big10 team.
They have a decent team, no where near the best on the schedule. Their coach lost the PSU game for them with poor management down the stretch. Their "NFL QB" lacks mobility. Their WRs lack experience, their best have left the program from a year ago. A decent team and a worthy challenge but certainly a winnable game.

They have a decent team, no where near the best on the schedule. Their coach lost the PSU game for them with poor management down the stretch. Their "NFL QB" lacks mobility. Their WRs lack experience, their best have left the program from a year ago. A decent team and a worthy challenge but certainly a winnable game.
Penn State is power recruiting program. Purdue should have won that game but it's not easy to put away teams with that much talent. And I didn't say Syracuse couldn't win this game, I said it will define them. I frankly don't see any ACC team that looks unbeatable. Maybe Wake is the top dog this year.

They have an NFL QB, a very good coach and have big, fast guys all over their roster. They are a very strong Big10 team.

And the coaches poll, AP poll and PFF all have 7 teams remaining on our schedule ranked higher than Purdue. We’re even higher in the coaches poll.

And the coaches poll, AP poll and PFF all have 7 teams remaining on our schedule ranked higher than Purdue. We’re even higher in the coaches poll.
When you have numerical order rankings,it gives the impression that teams ranked somewhat higher are clearly better when lower ranked teams beat higher ranked team every week. I feel like they are right in the mix with the 7 teams in the ACC ranked ahead of them.

When you have numerical order rankings,it gives the impression that teams ranked somewhat higher are clearly better when lower ranked teams beat higher ranked team every week. I feel like they are right in the mix with the 7 teams in the ACC ranked ahead of them.

7 teams all 3 polls. Purdue is not as good or better than all 7.

I don't see a team in the ACC that I think is exceptional. Clemson's Qb, meh. Miami has a first year coach, NCSU, Always under deliver, Pitt, they're strong, Wake just doesn't have the horses, they are very good, FSU, they beat LSU in Kelley's first game, not sold on them. UNC, maybe MAC will have a year.

I don't see a team in the ACC that I think is exceptional. Clemson's Qb, meh. Miami has a first year coach, NCSU, Always under deliver, Pitt, they're strong, Wake just doesn't have the horses, they are very good, FSU, they beat LSU in Kelley's first game, not sold on them. UNC, maybe MAC will have a year.
Except for FSU I think all those teams are deserving of their rankings. They all have specific units that are tops in the nation. Whether they are exceptional teams or not. Purdue is not as good as them.

Last edited:

Agreed. Anyone who thinks Purdue could possibly be the best team left on our schedule. Come on? We would be 14-17 dog at Clemson right now. I understand their O is suspect but their D is still great. Wake, NC St, FSU come on.

They are favored by 2 points. Geeze, we could win or lose but not the point here

Agreed. Anyone who thinks Purdue could possibly be the best team left on our schedule. Come on? We would be 14-17 dog at Clemson right now. I understand their O is suspect but their D is still great. Wake, NC St, FSU come on.

They are favored by 2 points. Geeze, we could win or lose but not the point here

They aren't the best team but they might end up being the hardest game for us.

Clemson- depends on their DC. They have the talent on D, but do we know yet if they will be as good without Venables? The O will ensure that it is a close game. Dino has had success against Dabo.

Wake- they are similar to Purdue but with a worse D.

NC State- they have 3 tough games coming up and have not looked good thus far. I still don't get why they were ranked. I expect them to have 2 Ls when we play. Their D will give us problems, but their O isn't anything to worry about. They will be banged up coming into our game while we have 2 weeks to prep.

FSU- not sure what to think of them. They have talent but they haven't done anything with that talent under their current staff. By the time they play us their HC could be on the hot seat, especially after Miami.

Notre Dame- their O is an embarrassment. Their D is still good though.

Pitt- we always struggle against them. Their O isn't that good. Narduzzi has done well against Dino but does that change with Anae?

Really all these teams are similar. They all have flaws. I like our chances better though against poor O teams.

Purdue is going to move the ball better than our previous 2 opponents. In the limited amount I have seen them their weakness seemed to be speed in their LB corp and back end. I think we will have folks open with yard after catch possibilities. Our D doesn't have to be shut down just keep getting people on the ground and force FG's rather than TD's - as is the story every week.