Ivy Tourney | Syracusefan.com

Ivy Tourney

ithacat

Scout Team
Yale beat Penn 9-6 in the first semi.

Cornell and Princeton tied at 6 at the half. Fiore is keeping the Tigers in the game.

Oh, it's a beautiful night in Ithaca. Rather small crowd on Slope Day.

Should be enough to get Yale in, will be interesting if Princeton can pull the upset. That could make the final an elimination game if any other upsets take place.

Cornell down by 2 with 3:45 left. Fiore has been poor, can't make a stop.

Yale beat Penn 9-6 in the first semi.

Cornell and Princeton tied at 6 at the half. Fiore is keeping the Tigers in the game.

Oh, it's a beautiful night in Ithaca. Rather small crowd on Slope Day.

ahhh slope day ... memories of no memories!

Very exciting game. Cornell outshoots PU nearly 2-1 but can't win the game. Fiore couldn't save a kitten drowning in a bathtub. DeLuca chooses not to call a TO in OT and the Red lose possession; PU calls a TO in OT when they're about to lose possession, keeps the ball and wins.

A lot of teams (and fans of those teams) will become Syracuse fans today (Loyola, Hop, etc.). They have little chance to make the tourney given the upsets. A Nova win will close that window even further.

I think, with all the big names that will be left out this year, we will see serious discussion about increasing the field. Lacrosse wants Hopkins et al in the tournament. I mean really - who will Quint talk about without JHU in the field? ;)

Quint will talk about Denver and parity. And Hopkins even if they are home getting an early start to summer.

Last nights lost could be very costly for the Red. Going to drop their seed close to 7 or 8 and that means they could face a team like Duke or Lehigh or the dreaded Great Danes.

Yale looks like it's going to take care of Princeton and pick up the AQ. 12-7 with less than 4 to play. Does Cornell's weak schedule leave them out?

I don't think Yale would have gotten in as an at-large, so that's one less spot. Princeton is now out, IMO. Very few spots left. There are going to be some very nervous teams and coaches tonight. Cornell should be very worried.

I can't see a way Cornell is not in. I think the Big Red gets a home game. In my opinion, which matters zero, Loyola is the last team in. Not sure it they deserve it over Bucknell, but they are the defending champs so they will get the nod.

I agree, I think when it comes down to it, Cornell is in. I was just saying that it is not a lock and there is going to be some nail-biting coming up on 9PM tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom